PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Barrel Upper ~ Good Quality?

insin
09-29-2010, 7:17 PM
Hello,
I was just tempted to purchase an upper that claimed to have a "chrome lined Wilson barrel". Is this a premium or is it ordinary? Usually I go with CMMG barrels, so this "Wilson barrel" thing kinda threw me for a loop.

Thanks

killshot44
09-29-2010, 7:46 PM
Like most manufacturers, Wilson makes several "grade" of blanks. Their top-end barrels are quite good but those are Stainless, heavy, 24" to 28" match blanks. Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

swerv512
09-29-2010, 7:48 PM
Never had a wilson chrome-lined barrel... only their match barrels. i wouldnt think is such a thing as a "premium chrome lined barrel" once it's chrome-lined you basically killed the accuracy. get their match barrel instead.

insin
10-01-2010, 8:52 PM
Anyone else have ideas?

Thanks

drunktank
10-02-2010, 10:16 AM
What exact upper are you talking about? Maybe it would help a bit. (So others can help you make a better comparison)

insin
10-04-2010, 6:21 PM
Sorry I don't have a link to the exact barrel. However it was a M4 profile "Wilson" barrel upper. I didn't know there were different qualities of their barrels. I guess I should try to take the FH off to check to be 100% sure its chrome lined. It was sold to me as chrome lined. For the price I couldn't pass it up, even if its not chrome lined.