PDA

View Full Version : Geiselle trigger not working in my AR-10...

forevrfree
09-29-2010, 4:31 PM
So I decided to try a 2 stage Geiselle DM National Match trigger in my AR-10. When I installed it the back of the trigger was too wide to fit in the safety selector switch when in the fire position. I took it to a machinist and he verified the part of the trigger that should fit in the safety selector switch slot is 1/25th of an inch too wide.

The store I bought it from is looking into it and I left a message with Geiselle today but just thought I would see if anyone here has any knowledge about this since Geiselle is already closed for the day.

AlliedArmory
09-29-2010, 5:31 PM
Not sure as it should fit. I would wait to see what Geissele says.

grunz
09-29-2010, 5:35 PM
Some safety selector slots are too narrow to fit the DMR with sufficient clearance in all cases. It says so in the DMR installation guide - did you read it?

The DMR is wider in the back than the GI trigger because it has an adjustment screw there.

Just have your gunsmith widen the notch, or if you are confident with a Dremel do it yourself like I did.

forevrfree
09-29-2010, 8:11 PM
Some safety selector slots are too narrow to fit the DMR with sufficient clearance in all cases. It says so in the DMR installation guide - did you read it?

The DMR is wider in the back than the GI trigger because it has an adjustment screw there.

Just have your gunsmith widen the notch, or if you are confident with a Dremel do it yourself like I did.

I did not read the whole thing, was going one step at a time. Will go back and read it all, sounds like thats the issue. Thanks for your help.

Diabolus
09-29-2010, 8:30 PM
I did not read the whole thing, was going one step at a time. Will go back and read it all, sounds like thats the issue. Thanks for your help.

That was my issue on a .223 rifle, had to get a new safety selector.

forevrfree
09-29-2010, 8:55 PM

Are there ones made to fit? If so where did you get it?

chuck762
09-29-2010, 9:47 PM
Just open the slot up. It's not a big deal. I had to do it with one of my ambi safeties. Even if you go back to the stock trigger the modded safety will still work.

richrmi
09-29-2010, 10:26 PM
The notch in the Armalite safety selector is not as wide as some others.

I've opened up two safety selectors that were part of Armalite AR-10 LPK's for use with Geissele DMR two-stage adjustables. No problem at all. A quick fit check with the existing part and trigger in place and then remove metal from one or both sides of the safety notch as necessary using a Dremel with a cut off wheel. Then finish off with a very fine file. The cuts were precise and nearly as clean as using a mill. I used Birchwood Casey cold blue on the freshly exposed metal and wiped some CLP over that when it was done. Make sure the trigger has adequate clearance on both sides or it may drag/hang up and not function properly. Take your time and do it right.

FWIW, I fit another Geissele DMR two-stage into a standard OLL and was able to use an unmodified safety selector that was from either a CLE or WOA lower parts kit. The notch was much wider. Both Compass Lake and White Oak use genuine mil-spec parts in their LPK's.

Good Luck,

Rich

Wildhawk66
09-29-2010, 11:03 PM

Had the same experience with an ambi safety (stag I think?). Swapped it out with one form another rifle and the problem was solved.

forevrfree
09-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the info Rich, I will give it a try.

The notch in the Armalite safety selector is not as wide as some others.

I've opened up two safety selectors that were part of Armalite AR-10 LPK's for use with Geissele DMR two-stage adjustables. No problem at all. A quick fit check with the existing part and trigger in place and then remove metal from one or both sides of the safety notch as necessary using a Dremel with a cut off wheel. Then finish off with a very fine file. The cuts were precise and nearly as clean as using a mill. I used Birchwood Casey cold blue on the freshly exposed metal and wiped some CLP over that when it was done. Make sure the trigger has adequate clearance on both sides or it may drag/hang up and not function properly. Take your time and do it right.

FWIW, I fit another Geissele DMR two-stage into a standard OLL and was able to use an unmodified safety selector that was from either a CLE or WOA lower parts kit. The notch was much wider. Both Compass Lake and White Oak use genuine mil-spec parts in their LPK's.

Good Luck,

Rich