PDA

View Full Version : ACR enhanced ?

collector7
09-29-2010, 10:05 AM
I am thinking of buying the ACR enhanced version . Would like to know if any member that has more info or experience on the rifle .
Thanks.

GUNFREAK
09-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I haven't fired one but Tracy Rifle and Pistol store has the best prices I've seen anywhere for an enhanced. He's on Calguns too.

gotta keep saving my pennies and I'll tell you how I like it when I get one

hcbr
09-29-2010, 1:01 PM
I shot one because coincidentally not only was I interested in it, but a guy up near oaktree gun club in Santa Clarita had one, and let me shoot it. Very nice, a bit on the heavy side. He had the enhanced version because of the bottom rails and the stock. There isn't a bullet button as he said or not one that really is easy, because he had to use a rod or a punch to swish around to unload the mag. There is some issues on some of the other forums on the gun's reliability , and some issues of it jamming, but i shot about 100 rounds, and it seemed to hold. Great thing was it obviously took standard pmags, other than that, it's a good gun.

HiveDR.
09-29-2010, 2:19 PM
I have an ACR. Currently with about 1300 rds down the pipe. 100% flawless.

I do not find the guns "front heavy" when compared to my 16" FAL's or LWRC M6A2. In my opinion it is not fair to compare it to a DI M4 in weight. A better comparison is with a piston AR platform like the LWRC M6A2/3, POF, Ruger 556 and so on, all which are typically "front heavy" for AR/M4 type rifles

The bulletbutton issue is a matter of training. It is different than the AR type but once you work with it for a while, just as efficient.

The gun is pricey but not out of line with high end piston AR's like LWRC, REC7 or LMT.

Best to find one lightly used and save a LOAD of money. I got mine from a fellow Calguner for under $1900 including transfer fees.

PolishMike
09-29-2010, 2:22 PM
I have one. Its pretty cool. To be honest I like my SCAR more but a lot of that is personal preference.

Mike

Blade
09-29-2010, 2:36 PM
Lots of folks are mad at Bushmaster for the bait and switch on the ACR price (initially "promised" at $1500 but released at $2500). Some would argue that it is not a battle proven rifle like the SCAR and does not justify the similar pricing. I don't really care about the marketing, I just liked the rifle. I got the basic model because the enhanced didnt seem to justify the extra $300 difference. The folding stock is pinned open to keep it legal so it is basically been gimped so why not stick to the regular stock, its thick and rugged. The ACR is a bit front heavy so you do not want to put too much stuff in the front rails (no laser, no bipod, no VFG/AFG). I prefer a smooth slim front fore grip over the tri rail. The rail pads may look tacticool but really not grip friendly. All I put on mine is an offset flashlight ring mount on the top rail. The AAC blackout flash suppressor is nice, but I prefer the YHM Phantom or the Vortex so I just assume get the basic model with the A2 Birdcage FS. I mounted an Eotech XPS2 on mine which all together put me in the poor house, but completes the package. Getting a cheap optic is like putting cheap rims on a Farrari...don't do it. Make sure you got the money for accessories or you'll be stuck with the cheap Magpul sights. YMMV but I am happy with the Basic ACR. Hope this helps...

stphnman20
09-29-2010, 3:51 PM
Cheapest I found

http://code4lesales.com/listman/listings/l0206.php

BMWguy206
09-29-2010, 4:08 PM
I am thinking of buying the ACR enhanced version . Would like to know if any member that has more info or experience on the rifle .
Thanks.

My advice is buy the basic version then buy the enhanced stock from Bushmaster. I bought the "enhanced" version but because of CA laws the seller had to remove the folding stock and install a fixed stock. It did come with the tri-rail hand guard though but if you have small hands it will feel bulky. I don't know anyone yet that can pin the folding stock on an ACR.

The BB really sucks on the ACR. You need to use a small thin tool like an allen head or thin flat head screwdriver, stick it into the hole of the BB and move the tool at an angle to release the mag.

For me I put back the factory mag and installed a Solar Tactical kydex wrap around the pistol grip, installed a muzzle brake, and leave the basic fixed stock and turned it featureless. I do have an enhanced stock that I put on for out of state training only.

But yeah, the enhanced version is not worth it.

Colt-45
09-29-2010, 4:20 PM
If you're over 21, you can buy one online and have it shipped to your local FFL in two parts, once you take it home you can pin the stock and add a bullet button. I believe a kit is now available.

I really wanted to get the ACR Enhanced but I ended up with an M6A3 instead.

Look on gun broker.

BMWguy206
09-29-2010, 4:31 PM
Hey if you know someone that can pin the enhanced folding stock please let me know.

Colt-45
09-29-2010, 4:57 PM
Hey if you know someone that can pin the enhanced folding stock please let me know.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=304240

BMWguy206
09-29-2010, 5:08 PM
Thanks FNH5-7

Blade
09-29-2010, 5:22 PM
+1 on the crappy Bullet Button, I kept trying to jam a bullet tip in there expecting the mag to release but its like you said. You need a thin/flat tip device, press in and tilt backward to release. I use an old Palm Pilot stylus.

Does anyone know where I can get a standard/original magazine release?...for when I go out of state of course. I'm thinking of taking a carbine class. Can't find it on the Bushmaster web site. Thanks.

BMWguy206
09-29-2010, 5:36 PM
+1 on the crappy Bullet Button, I kept trying to jam a bullet tip in there expecting the mag to release but its like you said. You need a thin/flat tip device, press in and tilt backward to release. I use an old Palm Pilot stylus.

Does anyone know where I can get a standard/original magazine release?...for when I go out of state of course. I'm thinking of taking a carbine class. Can't find it on the Bushmaster web site. Thanks.

You mean you never got the factory mag release with the ACR? If you can't contact the seller then contact Bushmaster.

collector7
09-29-2010, 7:41 PM
Thanks for all your posts! I ordered the enhanced for $2400 shipped . I post the picture and range test as soon as I receive it .

BMWguy206
09-29-2010, 8:15 PM
Thanks for all your posts! I ordered the enhanced for $2400 shipped . I post the picture and range test as soon as I receive it .

Wow that was fast. In the mean time also check out http://acrforum.com/index.php

Blade
09-29-2010, 9:50 PM
The only thing I don't like on the ACR is the small grip. I'm surprised Magpul didnt design it with their MOE grips in mind. I tried to slip on a Hogue grip from one of my pistols but it was too loose. The small version Hogue slip on is too small. My last resort is to wrap some tactile cammo tape or something. Does anyone have any ideas on this? :confused:

Cyc Wid It
09-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Tennis racket grip?

richzmn
09-30-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm surprised that no one has made a lower for the ACR? So you could add your own grip, trigger, safety, etc to the rifle. It wouldn't need a serial number or dros?

The only thing I don't like on the ACR is the small grip. I'm surprised Magpul didnt design it with their MOE grips in mind. I tried to slip on a Hogue grip from one of my pistols but it was too loose. The small version Hogue slip on is too small. My last resort is to wrap some tactile cammo tape or something. Does anyone have any ideas on this? :confused:

Linkpimp
09-30-2010, 2:10 AM
Youíll be real happy with it.. I have well over 1k rounds without any issues at all.. It is a little front heavy thou, IMO. The one thing I really don't like abut it, is my son has pretty much claimed it as his.. He actually has more rounds down range through it then me.. :D Thatís my BOY.. Hahahahaha..

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/TDC57/Projects/IMG_7760-3.jpg

collector7
09-30-2010, 6:44 PM
ACR and G36 have similar pistol grip . I like my G36 clone so hopefully, I like the ACR too . I know most people out there don't like it . Just hoping it doesn't jam or receiver's screws come out . Just like the one I saw on youtube .