PDA

View Full Version : Upper Advice

Chuntsman949
09-29-2010, 7:45 AM
Hey all,

first of all I am not a noobert, and second I have read the chart many times, this is a sort of help me decide thread.

I have an option to buy two diff. uppers for my next build...

1 New BCM socom 14.5 perm attached fh magpul moe guards DD fixed Iron. 627 shipped

2 Colt barreled upper 14.5 inch with perm smith vortex, larue 11inch rail troy flip up rear and front, LMT bcg. The receiver is this one :http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Upper-Receiver-assembly-M4-Flat-Top-p/flat%20top%20-upper%20-m4%202.htm
and the barrel is marked as colt 5.56/.223 it has 500 rds throuh it and he wants 700 shipped.

what do you guys think? I really like the colt upper but seeing as how it is more of frankenupper I am leaning BCM

any input would be killer!

:D

PaperPuncher
09-29-2010, 7:52 AM
This might be the first time I have ever posted this but:

Get the BCM. :D:43:

ETA: this is mostly because I have a bias against used stuff, its just me. But when you have soemthing new and less expensive than the used peice it is kind of like the final nail in the coffin for me.

Chuntsman949
09-29-2010, 8:17 AM
Thats what I was thinking as well. I think I may have been drawn to the colt because of the bells and whistles... but that doesn't matter in the long run..