View Full Version : Recently bought a Century Arms GPWASR-10/63 Romanian AK-47 7.62x39mm Rifle

09-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Hello I recently added a Century Arms GPWASR-10/63 Romanian AK-47 7.62x39mm Rifle With Wood Stock, Bayonet & Compensator to my collection complete with a bullet button for California compliance with assault weapons ban. :cool:

I also purchased a Hogue Grips Grip Rubber Black AK 74000 pistol grip because I have a larger than average hand size.

Is there anything that I need to know further than the flowchart regarding assault weapons in california?

There are a lot of People in my community who hate people who want to know just how far their rights go regarding to obtaining and using their firearms, especially at the gun range where they are just taking out their grandfather's bolt action deer hunting rifle.

( nothing wrong with that, but when they complain that you have an AK style weapon it causes you a lot of trouble with law enforcement as a lot of cocky gun-toting/trigger-happy rookies are sent where I live to train, and they act beyond their legal bounds to try and put you under arrest and fine you, as in just 4 months ago I had a peace officer approach my vehicle while tapping his hand to the side of his gun as if he was in some new era western, which I interpret as a death threat.)

Other than that I was wondering if some of my fellow WASR-10 owners could share their knowledge of which rounds had the tightest grouping at around 100 yards.

Also I am currently looking for a complete cleaning kit for my WASR-10, any direction would be appreciated.

If someone could direct me to a thread that has links pertaining to high quality WASR-10 peripherals including tactical rails, red dot sights, slings, etc. It would be highly appreciated.

Live Free or Die Trying.

09-29-2010, 1:26 AM
Most precise ammo I've run in mine is yugo. It is corrosive, so regular cleaning is advised. As far as cleaning kits, just about any regular rifle kit will work.

09-29-2010, 1:28 AM
I've had good experience with Golden Tiger ammo. I heard good things about Yugo surplus, but I don't like using corrosive ammo.

09-29-2010, 1:34 AM
the flowchart is good, I also have OCSD and SacPD training memo on AWs with the chart aswell. yugo ammo runs great, but you have to clean it right after you fire (mildly corrosive). but ive never ran into 762 that my AK didnt like.
asfor the cleaning kit, any kit will be fine. remember, some people use shoestrings:D

09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the great info/advice guys!

I'll look into the golden Tiger Ammo!