PDA

View Full Version : WTF! HS Precision Stock Cracked?

RT13
09-28-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm not too happy right now as my HS Precision stock arrived today and upon inspection, I see a small crack running vertically down the middle at the front of the fore end. I have used HS and B&C before. I thought of getting the B&C again as it is about $100 cheaper than the HS. I bought the stock from stockys stocks and have emailed them about the problem. I'm not sure if I should even worry about this since it is small and the kevlar/graphite stock is so solid. But I don't want this crack to get worse with time. And when I spend good money on something, the last thing I want is to see a damage and return it. How can this have passed QC. Ridiculous for a reputable company that charges alot of money for their products to be like this. At first I thought it was one of the black webbing. But nope, it's a crack alright! Ran my fingernail through it. An 1/8" is noticable but it continues to avery thin hairline crack that is another 1/16" or so. It starts at the very top of the front fore end and vertically goes donward. Just ranting.

quick draw mcgraw
09-28-2010, 11:58 PM
You know the drill!! ;)

:useless:

PyroFox79
09-28-2010, 11:58 PM
why dont you contact the manufactuer

RT13
09-29-2010, 12:18 AM
I contacted both HS Precision and Stocky's via email earlier tonight. I'm calling stocky's tomorrow. I think I'm better off going through stockys and their ten day return policy. I heard that HS does not replace, they only repair. Stockys I'm hoping will replace and just exchange it. Just waiting for return number so I can ship it out. They have good CS.

RT13
09-29-2010, 12:21 AM
You know the drill!! ;)

:useless:

Oh common! LOL! I'm just pissed because I have my Remy, the scope, mounts, rings, etc. All I am waiting for was this stock then this happens. And I was gonna take it out this weekend with some friends. Not anymore. Don't want to shoot it until it's complete. Don't want to mount the scope until the new stock is on. The fit was awesome too. Drop right in perfectly.:(

RT13
09-29-2010, 10:37 AM
No word from HS. But stockys has sent me an RA number for a complete exchange. As expected, great cs fromstockys. Sucks to have to return it but atleast its being taken care of.

kendog4570
09-29-2010, 10:51 AM
HS has a lifetime garantee. I had an older Remington factory, H-S made stock crack, ( at the recoil lug area, and transverse across the pistol grip cap. Didnt show up until stock was painted, probably had been cracked a long time)and they repaired it no questions asked, and repainted it free of charge. Turn around was less than 10 days. It is almost ALWAYS better to go straight to the Mfg. We had to do a little phone call/email/picture/stock ID cha-cha in the beginning, but once they took ownership, they jumped on it.
They are a stand-up company.
I would guess a repaired stock is actually better than a new one because the stress has been relieved. Purely academic, but something to consider.