PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to view skype conversation as a third person?

bballwizard05
09-28-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't want to go into details, it involves someone I know pretty well. And I'd like to know whats going on before jumping in on something and being wrong. I know lack of details is WAAAAY boring, its not a HUUUUGE deal but having information could be a game changer. So computer geeks, is there any way of watching a skype conversation?

erik18
09-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Stalker much?

E Pluribus Unum
09-28-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't want to go into details, it involves someone I know pretty well. And I'd like to know whats going on before jumping in on something and being wrong. I know lack of details is WAAAAY boring, its not a HUUUUGE deal but having information could be a game changer. So computer geeks, is there any way of watching a skype conversation?

Not without committing a crime.

Don't snoop dude... you can either trust her, or you can't. If you cannot, ditch her for someone better; life's too short.

WTSGDYBBR
09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
My understanding that skype was one of the msgers that use encryption from peer to peer via text and via file transfer. I know for a fact that all skype conversations are logged on skypes servers. I also remember not to long ago Microsoft or Google bought skype not sure what one. So your data would not be safe from a court order. I remember that skype was over seas and that made it safe. If your worried about your conversations you can download Simp http://www.secway.fr/us/products/ When you use simp you exchange keys that is set up on some type of RSA Encryption from peer to peer and no text is send via the net there for no one can use a packet sniffer to decrypted your text because its encrypted. If your pc was infected with a Key Logger someone could steal anything you type. Be sure you clear your Skype logs on your pc. If your worried about someone pulling deleted data from your pc make sure you buy Evidence Eliminator to write 1"s And 0s over your deleted data https://secure.evidence-eliminator.com/ so no tools can pull them off your hard drive. I hope this helps you . :chris: If you are spying on your kid for his safety and it is your pc you can also use a key logger to capture any typed text. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hardware%20keylogger&search=Search&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&spell=1 I hope you intend you use this legally . A hardware key logger would be much better then a software as most anti virus detect them. I wouldn't want to see a kid get into trouble with a predator !

bballwizard05
09-29-2010, 8:46 AM
Not without committing a crime.

Don't snoop dude... you can either trust her, or you can't. If you cannot, ditch her for someone better; life's too short.

Ya luckily its not my GF, its a friend of mine and I was pretty sure there were legality issues. It's not on my pc so in this situation a keylogger won't work (i don't wanna put one on his thats just going overboard). Idk I was just looking for some answers but I guess there are better ways to get'em. thanks yall

JDay
09-29-2010, 5:57 PM
Can you say felony? This falls under wiretapping.