PDA

View Full Version : CMMG Piston Experience?

Bellehood
09-28-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm very interested in the Piston rifle options that CMMG has to offer, particularly that they have more than just one "piston rifle", it can be had on any one of their numerous designs. I am very intrigued by their 18" SPR model with a piston, but I am hoping to hear from anyone with any experience with any of their Piston rifles. Thanks guys!

tomd1584
09-28-2010, 11:20 PM
I believe Stormy_clothing had one, hopefully he chimes in. Just out of curiosity, what is intriguing about an 18" spr with a retrofit piston kit? Seems contradictory to me. I'd just stick with the standard DI system.

Bellehood
09-29-2010, 4:31 PM
The 18" SPR profile attracts me, because I want to own ONE AR, that serves any purpose I desire, and I believe it best does that, allowing me to use it as a carbine, and something I can sit down, throw a bipod on, and pretend im a sniper with.

I dont believe its fair to call it a retrofit, as it comes from the factory with the piston system. I would prefer a piston over DI, because I despise the DI system, I have spent enough time working with it, I dont want to bring that anger home with me :)

tanda10506
09-29-2010, 8:03 PM
I like mine. Haven't had it to long, put about 100rds through it. Stays clean and the accuracy, recoil, etc. is the same as my regular AR 15's. CMMG has a good warranty also, just can't shoot steel cased ammo.