PDA

View Full Version : GAP Rifles

WakySkeetShooter
09-28-2010, 3:13 PM
Looking into getting into long range shooting... what are your thoughts of GAP rifles? Also, what are some other custom rifle builders like GA Precision?

Stockton
09-28-2010, 3:20 PM
GAP is more than worthy of their rifles. The wait is worth it if you really want one. They do sometime have them built and ready to go but they are their in house builds. A true custom built to your specifications won't get started until you talk with them. I have shot a few built buy them and if you frequent snipershide you will see the rifles and their range reports.

R&D Precision out of Glendale Ca is another fantastic smith and well know in the long range tactical shooting community. Again the wait is worth the money. I own one from him. He is also on snipershide.

StraightShooter
09-28-2010, 3:21 PM
They are good rifles but there are tons of builders who produce equally capable rifles with much quicker lead times.

Cyc Wid It
09-28-2010, 3:23 PM
From my buddy's research:

Skunkworks
Louisiana Precision
TacOps
APA
KMW
R&D Precision
Surgeon

and not really custom, but Accuracy International

RugerNo1
09-28-2010, 3:30 PM
Depending on where you are you could get Randall/AR15barrels to build you a rifle VERY quickly...

rksimple
09-28-2010, 3:35 PM
GAP makes a great rifle. I had one that shot just as good as my Randall rifle I won it with...:)

Where are you located? It may help to come out to a clinic or match so you can get hands on with many different LR platforms and see what you like before you drop that kind of coin.