PDA

View Full Version : Nille Griffe Stocks

Moxie
09-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Anybody know anything about these stocks?

http://www.nill-griffe.com/Ergosign-Shotgun-stocks_189.html

The grip looks pretty comfortable and the adjustable length is a nice option. It's too bad they are only compatible with a select group of shotguns. Would be clutch if they could be fitted to an 870.

Killawhale415
09-28-2010, 7:22 AM
Im sure the cost of one of those stocks would eclipse the price of an 870.
Just an example- http://www.nill-shop.com/product_info.php?cPath=1000&products_id=734

BigDogatPlay
09-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Nill is outstanding equipment. High quality and well thought out designs.

And very, very spendy. :)

RickD427
09-28-2010, 4:28 PM
Moxie,

I agree that the stocks are expensive. I've purchased a few pair and have been more than pleased.

Their customer service is also top drawer.

Delivery sometimes takes a while. The stocks ship from Germany through an agent in the U.S.

fguerra
09-28-2010, 6:35 PM
Moxie,

I agree that the stocks are expensive. I've purchased a few pair and have been more than pleased.

Their customer service is also top drawer.

Delivery sometimes takes a while. The stocks ship from Germany through an agent in the U.S.

You can also order direct from the German website. I ordered the AR PSG-1 grips from them before they were on the US site and no problems. Took a while, but great service. Awesome grips, have them on 2 AR's, my python, and HK's.

Moxie
09-28-2010, 6:57 PM
A lot of the shotguns that are referred to in this forum are for the most part "affordable". That's a relative term obviously as we all have our own definitions. What we also see are people who trick out their guns, whether they be rifle, shotgun or handgun.

Now, my follow up question is this. Do most people believe the cost of the firearm, such as a Remington 870 or Mossberg 590 for example (assume average cost is $500) should never be eclipsed by the cost of accessories, add-ons etc.?

People always talk about "tacticool" gear and we've all seen tricked out guns. Throw on lights, rails, sights, lasers etc. and all of a sudden, you're spending a few hundred bucks easily. Now if we're using the example of the Remy 870, then you're obviously going over the value of a new gun. And for arguments sake, if you're going to buy one of these Nille stocks, then you're most likely spending more than your gun.

Is it worth it to most people? One can make the argument that you wouldn't put expensive tires/rims on a crappy car. But then again, you could enhance your shooting experience with the added accessories.

What do you guys think?

faterikcartman
09-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I think it totally reasonable, if not sensible, to spend three times the cost of a gun on optics.

That said, this Nill stock is not for you.

It is designed for competitive clays shooters, probably the various trap games, who use serious guns.

Full-house loads can beat a shooter after 200+ in a day, day after day, when a gun doesn't fit right. This stock is designed to help that through better fit.

Also, better fit helps a shooter hit the target as the shooter's eye is the rear sight with competitive trap guns. If the rear sight, the eye, is not in the right spot time after time, the shooter can not hit consistently.

If you get serious about trap, for example, and get a serious gun for it, this stock may be appropriate.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I think you're looking at about $2900-3000 for that stock, if you're curious.

Killawhale415
09-30-2010, 12:19 PM
A lot of the shotguns that are referred to in this forum are for the most part "affordable". That's a relative term obviously as we all have our own definitions. What we also see are people who trick out their guns, whether they be rifle, shotgun or handgun.

Now, my follow up question is this. Do most people believe the cost of the firearm, such as a Remington 870 or Mossberg 590 for example (assume average cost is $500) should never be eclipsed by the cost of accessories, add-ons etc.?

People always talk about "tacticool" gear and we've all seen tricked out guns. Throw on lights, rails, sights, lasers etc. and all of a sudden, you're spending a few hundred bucks easily. Now if we're using the example of the Remy 870, then you're obviously going over the value of a new gun. And for arguments sake, if you're going to buy one of these Nille stocks, then you're most likely spending more than your gun.

Is it worth it to most people? One can make the argument that you wouldn't put expensive tires/rims on a crappy car. But then again, you could enhance your shooting experience with the added accessories.

What do you guys think?

Those are valid points but in this situation its a bit more extreme when one accessory costs close to 8 times the cost of the gun