PDA

View Full Version : R700 Warne Tactical 1 Pc Mount Question?

RT13
09-27-2010, 9:53 PM
I have a Warne Tactical 1 piece base/mount for the R700 and it comes with 4 mounting screws, 2 short, 2 long. Does anybody know where the short screws go? The instruction does not specify. I assume from the looks of it that the two short ones go on the two forward holes on the receiver while the longer ones go on the rear holes. But I want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

kendog4570
09-27-2010, 10:10 PM
I have a Warne Tactical 1 piece base/mount for the R700 and it comes with 4 mounting screws, 2 short, 2 long. Does anybody know where the short screws go? The instruction does not specify. I assume from the looks of it that the two short ones go on the two forward holes on the receiver while the longer ones go on the rear holes. But I want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

You're right.

RT13
09-28-2010, 2:00 AM
Thanks kendog. I placed all the screws in each hole to see the length of the threads under the mount and the two short going on the front and two long on the rear made the threads even length. The rear portion of the mount is deeper than the front. But I figured it out, thanks.

swerv512
09-28-2010, 5:34 AM
yes, the long ones go in the rear holes (that doesnt sound right does it....) :rolleyes:
make sure that the screws dont interfere with the bolt cycling before you LOCTITE them in.