PDA

View Full Version : ppt fees??

moorman949
09-27-2010, 7:31 PM
who has the best fees in orange county??

YourHuckleberry
09-27-2010, 7:39 PM
I'd be interested to know the cheapest as well. But OC Armory is in your town and they are good guys. $35 aint too bad

CA Gun Laws Suck
09-27-2010, 7:43 PM
PPT or FFL transfer....All ppt fees are regulated by the state and should be $35 bucks everywhere!

Al B.
09-27-2010, 7:44 PM
Folks...for private party transfers...EVERYONE is supposed to have the same state mandated $35 fee. $25 goes to the state, $10 to the FFL. If someone is trying to charge you more than $35 for a true PPT...there is a problem and much has been written on that in these forums. Al B. (SOCAL)

halifax
09-27-2010, 7:45 PM
PPT fee is limited by law to $35. PPT means a face-to-face transfer between two CA residents at the same dealer at the same time.

Dealer transfer fees, however, are not limited. Is that what you meant?

ETA: Too slow, sorry

tenpercentfirearms
09-27-2010, 9:32 PM
Answer the guy's question. Some dealers don't charge the full $10. I think the guys from T&A or somewhere down there used to do free PPT Thursdays or some such thing.

Clearly the OP knows that the PPT is limited to $35 total, he wants a better deal than that.

Sorry, I charge the full $10, so don't drive to Taft. Well unless you want to buy something else, then I will consider waiving the $10.

YourHuckleberry
09-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Answer the guy's question. Some dealers don't charge the full $10. I think the guys from T&A or somewhere down there used to do free PPT Thursdays or some such thing.

Clearly the OP knows that the PPT is limited to $35 total, he wants a better deal than that.

Thank you.

Yes T&A Armory in Santa Ana waives their fee on SUNDAYS. I was hoping to hear of others who do the same.

89 Vision
09-30-2010, 2:59 AM
Sorry for getting off topic, but what about a private party (non FFL) sending a gun to my FFL, is that still considered a PPT?

Ed_Hazard
09-30-2010, 3:04 AM
Sorry for getting off topic, but what about a private party (non FFL) sending a gun to my FFL, is that still considered a PPT?

Yes it is still a PPT, but on this kind of transfer the FFL is not limited to $35. Some FFL's will not accept shipments from private parties.

tenpercentfirearms
09-30-2010, 4:13 AM

To keep the terminology straight, no it is not a PPT. A PPT occurs when both buyer and seller come into an FFL with their valid CA IDs and conduct the transaction. Anytime a gun is shipped and the buyer and seller both do not come into the dealer, that is just considered a transfer and the FFL fee is not capped.

Now the transaction is still a sale by two private parties, so sales tax is not involved, but I would not call it a PPT unless both people go into the dealer.

kemasa
09-30-2010, 8:39 AM
To add to what Wes said, it is a private sale, but it is not a PPT. As said, PPT has a specific meaning in CA. There are several selections for submitting a DROS and if the firearm is shipping, it ends up being a dealer sale.

YourHuckleberry
09-30-2010, 12:57 PM
So, back to topic, does anyone know of ANOTHER place, besides T&A that waives their fee? Either in San Diego(Oceanside) or Orange County?

jtmkinsd
09-30-2010, 1:22 PM
So, back to topic, does anyone know of ANOTHER place, besides T&A that waives their fee? Either in San Diego(Oceanside) or Orange County?

I don't know of anyone in your area that waives the fee for PPTs...quite the contrary, most are peeved they can only charge $10...lol...it's slightly more paperwork than a dealer transfer and it's a regulated fee...so most charge what they can...$35 out the door. I mean honestly, is $10 bucks really worth the headache?