PDA

View Full Version : What would be the Cheapest AK to get?

Serbian
09-27-2010, 6:47 PM
What would be the cheapest 7.62 AK (not pump or saiga) to buy?

choprzrul
09-27-2010, 7:48 PM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/1857880.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD532BBE1B2453F186 FDBE5F6BBA22889F023C1192588820BCE30A760B0D811297

$50 should buy the rifle and some ammo I would think

Now, if you want to step it up a bit:

http://www.weaponsblog.org/images/saddam_golden_ak-47_2.jpg

C.W.M.V.
09-27-2010, 9:02 PM
In the U.S. a WASR 10 more than likely. Just got one myself. Very nice utilitarian rifle.

rascalgto
09-27-2010, 9:08 PM
romanian parts kit 99.99, receiver flat, and other compliance parts, plus build party fee, id say $300+/- a few dollars

i got a deal on a polish underfolder , my total is around 350 with raddlock

HUTCH 7.62
09-27-2010, 9:13 PM
Sure you could find one real cheap in Tijuana or Compton.:D

rascalgto
09-27-2010, 9:21 PM
Sure you could find one real cheap in Tijuana or Compton.:D

there free in tijuana, just need to clean the blood splatter off it, alittle hoppes 9 will do good

Serbian
09-28-2010, 8:02 PM
lol no illegal ones, if i wanted those i wouldnt need any help. It just seems ridiculous (at least to me) that people sell AKs for like $600+.

Serbian
09-28-2010, 8:04 PM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/1857880.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD532BBE1B2453F186 FDBE5F6BBA22889F023C1192588820BCE30A760B0D811297

$50 should buy the rifle and some ammo I would think

Now, if you want to step it up a bit:

http://www.weaponsblog.org/images/saddam_golden_ak-47_2.jpg

first image isnt showing and the isnt the gold one a SVD?

C.W.M.V.
09-28-2010, 8:25 PM
Dude-get WASR 10/63. Awesome rifle! Just got back from the range with mine.

nick
09-28-2010, 8:29 PM
Just make sure the sights aren't canted.

C.W.M.V.
09-28-2010, 8:38 PM
Just make sure the sights aren't canted.

As long as he gets the new ones (10/63) that shouldn't be a problem. Seems like as of late the quality has improved dramatically.

nick
09-28-2010, 8:45 PM
As long as he gets the new ones (10/63) that shouldn't be a problem. Seems like as of late the quality has improved dramatically.

Good to know, in case I decide to get one. Building them is more fun though :)

C.W.M.V.
09-28-2010, 9:03 PM
Good to know, in case I decide to get one. Building them is more fun though :)

:(
Wish I could build one.

nick
09-28-2010, 9:05 PM
:(
Wish I could build one.

Come to a BP :)

C.W.M.V.
09-28-2010, 9:08 PM
Come to a BP :)

If there was ever one closer than 4 hours away I might.

nick
09-28-2010, 9:28 PM
I think, there's one forming up in Sacramento right now, and there's one in or around SF every now and then.

C.W.M.V.
09-28-2010, 9:31 PM
I think, there's one forming up in Sacramento right now, and there's one in or around SF every now and then.

Id consider driving to Sac. Id just need to have a few kits to justify it.
Hmmm....

welchy
09-28-2010, 9:48 PM
A member in Hanford, can't remember his name off the top of my head, just bought everything necessary to build AK's. He as much as said that he will host bp's in the future.

C.W.M.V.
09-28-2010, 9:50 PM
A member in Hanford, can't remember his name off the top of my head, just bought everything necessary to build AK's. He as much as said that he will host bp's in the future.

Oh damn, my wallet is F'n doomed if that happens.

nick
09-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Oh damn, my wallet is F'n doomed if that happens.

Hehe. I know how that feels. Misery loves company :)

SJgunguy24
09-28-2010, 10:54 PM
What would be the cheapest 7.62 AK (not pump or saiga) to buy?

So you don't want an actual Russian AK? :confused: Why not?

If there was ever one closer than 4 hours away I might.

How long to drive to San Jose? It was 4 1/2 hours for me on Amtrak.

C.W.M.V.
09-28-2010, 11:10 PM

Not that long. Ive got to start paying better attention. I need to just buy a kit and be done with it.

SJgunguy24
09-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Not that long. Ive got to start paying better attention. I need to just buy a kit and be done with it.

Get a kit and get in touch with me. The garage builds will be ending fairly soon.

When we tool up, everything will get funneled through the shop.

C.W.M.V.
09-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Get a kit and get in touch with me. The garage builds will be ending fairly soon.

When we tool up, everything will get funneled through the shop.

You going into business for yourself?

SJgunguy24
09-29-2010, 12:11 AM
You going into business for yourself?

Nope, but I am getting on with a great little shop with a huge upside and there is zero attitude.
I can honestly say I can see myself working with these guy's for many years.

C.W.M.V.
09-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Nope, but I am getting on with a great little shop with a huge upside and there is zero attitude.
I can honestly say I can see myself working with these guy's for many years.

Dude Im really glad to hear that. Who?

zod
09-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Welcome to the forums Serb!

Serbian
09-29-2010, 8:26 PM

cuz im broke

C.W.M.V.
09-29-2010, 9:38 PM
cuz im broke

Saiga's are russian AK's and are cheaper than most, even cheaper than WASR's.

Serbian
09-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Saiga's are russian AK's and are cheaper than most, even cheaper than WASR's.

there not really AKs though, But i might as well get one instead

ZX-10R
09-30-2010, 12:19 PM
WASR... Go to AK files for your answers.

C.W.M.V.
09-30-2010, 1:23 PM
there not really AKs though, But i might as well get one instead

Ya, they are. Saigas are the closest thing you can get to an AK in this country. How are you going to say that its not an AK when its made on the same assembly line, and uses the same parts?

Serbian
09-30-2010, 7:28 PM
Ya, they are. Saigas are the closest thing you can get to an AK in this country. How are you going to say that its not an AK when its made on the same assembly line, and uses the same parts?

They are NOT the closest thing for sure, Romanian WASRs, the yugos, Draco pistols, bulgarians, and even the chink 56 are all closer to an AK than a saiga. A saiga(7.62) is a hunting rifle, not an assault rifle. The saiga dosnt have the gas break on top like the AK. And from what i have seen, most saigas dont even have pistol grips.

C.W.M.V.
09-30-2010, 8:52 PM
They are NOT the closest thing for sure, Romanian WASRs, the yugos, Draco pistols, bulgarians, and even the chink 56 are all closer to an AK than a saiga. A saiga(7.62) is a hunting rifle, not an assault rifle. The saiga dosnt have the gas break on top like the AK. And from what i have seen, most saigas dont even have pistol grips.

No they aren't close, THEY ARE AK's! Hell my Saiga had a threaded military barrel. They are AK's that have a different FSB and trigger position. They are built in the same factory, on the same assembly lines, and by the same people, that have been making AK's for 60 years.
If your biggest issue is furniture then go get an airsoft rifle.
That being said I love my WASR, but trying to say that its closer to an AK than a Saiga is just silly.

Serbian
09-30-2010, 11:18 PM
No they aren't close, THEY ARE AK's! Hell my Saiga had a threaded military barrel. They are AK's that have a different FSB and trigger position. They are built in the same factory, on the same assembly lines, and by the same people, that have been making AK's for 60 years.
If your biggest issue is furniture then go get an airsoft rifle.
That being said I love my WASR, but trying to say that its closer to an AK than a Saiga is just silly.

It is an AK. It is the hunting rifle version. The WASR is a clone of an AK not of a saiga. they are two different things, but very similar things. and furniture isnt what i care about. i will take an AK no matter of looks, just as long as it fires. ANd the fact that their made in the same factory dosnt mean anything. Chevy makes impalas and cameros, it dosnt make them the same thing.

Markus
09-30-2010, 11:22 PM
what no sks love? You could just get a yugo sks for $300 probably with accessories

C.W.M.V.
10-01-2010, 12:14 AM
It is an AK. It is the hunting rifle version.

Its a Russian AK, period. Since you say furniture means nothing to you tell me what makes a Saiga so irreparably different from a run of the mill 47. "hunting version" my butt, it has a different stock setup so its legal to import. There is nothing substantially different about the rifle.

The WASR is a clone of an AK not of a saiga. they are two different things, but very similar things.

AK=Saiga. WASR is clone of AK.

and furniture isnt what i care about. i will take an AK no matter of looks, just as long as it fires.

Then the Saiga is the rifle for you. Its more reliable, and consistent QC wise than any comparably priced AK clone available. Oh and its around $100 bucks cheaper than a WASR depending on where you get it. Great base for a project rifle.

ANd the fact that their made in the same factory dosnt mean anything. Chevy makes impalas and cameros, it dosnt make them the same thing.

It means everything. Our savior M. Kalashnikov has said that the only real AK's are made at Izmash. All others are copies. Along with this hallowed lineage the Saiga benefits from consistently better quality and reliability as it is made of the same parts and processes as the only true AK's made today. Its not assembled by a drunken romanian at Cugir (that being said I love my WASR 10/63). It is subject to the same assembly and quality inspection as al other Izmash AK's. When you get a Saiga it even comes with a stamped and singed certification that its been fired and the spread of the group. You wont get that with a WASR, or anything else in the price range were discussing.

Dude if you just flat out dont like Saiga's that ok I guess, kinda silly but to each their own. I dont get it but if you want to spend more money on a lesser quality rifle that your going to chop up anyway go ahead.

Oh and its CAMARO. No "e" in it. Besides all Camaros are currently made in the same factory so whats your point. A better analogy would be that if its made in a GM factory Its a GM car. All cars made in a GM factory are GM cars. If someone makes a complete, 100% clone of a 5th gen W/LS3 but builds it in Mexico its still not a Camaro.

Serbian
10-01-2010, 8:50 PM
Its a Russian AK, period. Since you say furniture means nothing to you tell me what makes a Saiga so irreparably different from a run of the mill 47. "hunting version" my butt, it has a different stock setup so its legal to import. There is nothing substantially different about the rifle.

AK=Saiga. WASR is clone of AK.

Then the Saiga is the rifle for you. Its more reliable, and consistent QC wise than any comparably priced AK clone available. Oh and its around $100 bucks cheaper than a WASR depending on where you get it. Great base for a project rifle.

It means everything. Our savior M. Kalashnikov has said that the only real AK's are made at Izmash. All others are copies. Along with this hallowed lineage the Saiga benefits from consistently better quality and reliability as it is made of the same parts and processes as the only true AK's made today. Its not assembled by a drunken romanian at Cugir (that being said I love my WASR 10/63). It is subject to the same assembly and quality inspection as al other Izmash AK's. When you get a Saiga it even comes with a stamped and singed certification that its been fired and the spread of the group. You wont get that with a WASR, or anything else in the price range were discussing.

Dude if you just flat out dont like Saiga's that ok I guess, kinda silly but to each their own. I dont get it but if you want to spend more money on a lesser quality rifle that your going to chop up anyway go ahead.

Oh and its CAMARO. No "e" in it. Besides all Camaros are currently made in the same factory so whats your point. A better analogy would be that if its made in a GM factory Its a GM car. All cars made in a GM factory are GM cars. If someone makes a complete, 100% clone of a 5th gen W/LS3 but builds it in Mexico its still not a Camaro.

I never said i dont like saigas, i just wanted to see what you had to say about all of it, and im convinced, good job!

comblock
10-01-2010, 10:15 PM
This is a Saiga

This is an AK

Two completely different animals :rolleyes:

greasemonkey
01-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Speak of the devil, I've heard of a BP taking place (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=356773) 'round those parts.

WilliamAnderson
01-26-2011, 10:46 PM
you could go to a build party like me. I'm going to the one in the Cen Valley. Buy your kit now and make sure you get all of your other parts together in time. It's mid Feb. Will not be as cheap as you might think.

My kit was 280
Party fee is like 60
the rest of the parts needed about 90