PDA

View Full Version : Rig Set Up

MadMex
05-25-2006, 4:49 PM
Check out this carry set up, ie the relationship between the holster, mag carrier and cuffs. What’s the technique for reloading?

http://www.auburnjournal.com/articles/2006/05/25/news/top_stories/01shih_25.txt

Turbinator
05-25-2006, 9:06 PM
Certainly doesn't look very ergonomic - that is, if you had to reload, you have to reach all the way across with your weak hand, grab the mag, and commence the reload. I guess that guy's not going to be retaining the used magazine very easily, unless he stuffs it into an empty pocket or something.

Turby

MadMex
05-26-2006, 5:14 PM
Turbi,
Any possibility that this is a cross-draw setup?
Otherwise, I agree. Seems that a tac reload would be a little slow.

taloft
05-26-2006, 5:29 PM
Any chance that it is mace and the mags are on the other side out of view? It looks too big to fit in the pistol, of course it's hard to tell from this photo. If it is the mag, that is a strange setup. I guess you could always email him and ask.

Sledpusher
05-26-2006, 6:00 PM
Any chance that it is mace and the mags are on the other side out of view? It looks too big to fit in the pistol, of course it's hard to tell from this photo. If it is the mag, that is a strange setup. I guess you could always email him and ask.

I think you are right! I saved the photo and blew it up in another program. If you look closely you can tell that what you are seeing is not ONE holster but a holster and cuff case/mag holder worn on the same belt. Inside of the mag pouch it appears the officer is carrying a can of pepper spray.

This officer probably realizes how difficult it would be to reload with the magazine on the same side as his gun. It appears he decided to use the magazine pouch as an O.C. holder. This isn't uncommon in law enforcement for officers to use existing products in unconventional ways to meet their individual needs/preferences.