PDA

View Full Version : AR15 "Pistol" Marked Lowers?

insin
09-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Hello all,
I was just wondering if there were any engraved as any AR15 pistols that are engraved as "Pistol" near the the caliber and company name?

I want to reduce the possible reproductions of having to deal with LEO over a misconception and having the short barrel.l

Thanks

NiteQwill
09-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Spikes has 'em.

JD Machine will engrave anything you want, too.

insin
09-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Spikes has 'em.

JD Machine will engrave anything you want, too.

Thanks for the info, Ill have to check them out.

ParallaxTactical.com
09-27-2010, 2:50 AM
We carry spikes' pistol lowers but they are for LEO only since they can't be DROS'd because of the roster. You'll have to have it sent in-state as a complete pistol.

AJAX22
09-27-2010, 5:42 AM
We carry spikes' pistol lowers but they are for LEO only since they can't be DROS'd because of the roster. You'll have to have it sent in-state as a complete pistol.

You could have them gifted from an out of state father/mother/grandfather/grandmother as a pistol frame bypassing the roster as well.

Nathan Krynn
09-27-2010, 5:57 AM
We carry them as well.

dfletcher
09-27-2010, 7:46 AM
Hello all,
I was just wondering if there were any engraved as any AR15 pistols that are engraved as "Pistol" near the the caliber and company name?

I want to reduce the possible reproductions of having to deal with LEO over a misconception and having the short barrel.l

Thanks

What's the purpose - to have one brought in single shot already built up on that lower & then revert to semi auto fixed mag? Buying a stripped lower in state means it starts life in CA as a long gun, having "pistol" stamped on the side doesn't change that.

insin
09-27-2010, 8:08 AM
What's the purpose - to have one brought in single shot already built up on that lower & then revert to semi auto fixed mag? Buying a stripped lower in state means it starts life in CA as a long gun, having "pistol" stamped on the side doesn't change that.

I think you misunderstood my reasoning. I would like to find a Pistol lower that is stamped "pistol" on it to reduce any LEO misunderstanding. If "pistol" was not stamped on it, I know that LEO could run a gun check and it would come back as being a Pistol, however I would like to reduce the reason for LEO to hassle me in the first place.

Please excuse me if you don't understand.

Exposed
09-27-2010, 8:14 AM
I have a completely built, near near AR pistol lower from Quentin Laser I'm thinking of selling. Its already built and marked "Multi-Cal Pistol". Since this would be a PPT, selling you the complete lower is perfectly legal. All you would have to do is slap an upper on it and you would be good to go. I have 2 and I really only "Need" 1. Let me know if your interested.

Recession
09-27-2010, 8:48 AM
I think you misunderstood my reasoning. I would like to find a Pistol lower that is stamped "pistol" on it to reduce any LEO misunderstanding. If "pistol" was not stamped on it, I know that LEO could run a gun check and it would come back as being a Pistol, however I would like to reduce the reason for LEO to hassle me in the first place.

I'm kind of confused. Are you wanting to purchase an AR lower that is marked "Pistol"? Is your intention to build an AR pistol with this "Pistol" marked lower? I hope you are LEO then because civilians can't buy "Pistol" lowers.

Exposed
09-27-2010, 9:00 AM
You CAN buy a pistol lower as a civilian if its through PPT! Hit me up. I will sell you one of mine. :)

cmace22
09-27-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm kind of confused. Are you wanting to purchase an AR lower that is marked "Pistol"? Is your intention to build an AR pistol with this "Pistol" marked lower? I hope you are LEO then because civilians can't buy "Pistol" lowers.

Whats so hard to understand here? I think the OP was clear and the responses minus yours were to the point as well.

dfletcher
09-27-2010, 10:53 AM

Got it and I kind of thought that might be the intent, I suppose anything that might encourage a favorable approach by LE is worthwhile - people are influenced by what they see. I was "backing up" a bit and asking if the procedure to be used was going into a CA gun store and buying a stripped lower marked "pistol" with the expectation it will be DROS'd as a handgun as opposed to buying one already built and documented as a handgun.

I've always had a concern that a person could buy a stripped AR lower, it's properly DROS'd as a long gun & the person, by accident or design, builds it as a handgun & sells the thing via PPT. You or I then buy it as a handgun from a CA FFL & have some sort of LE contact, shooting in the woods for example - will the gun be shown as a long gun or handgun? If there is a conflict does "but I bought it through an FFL as a handgun" carry any weight?

I'm kind of surprised this sort of thing hasn't happened considering all the building going on, lack of knowledge and/or $$$ to be made.

Recession
09-27-2010, 1:26 PM
Whats so hard to understand here? I think the OP was clear and the responses minus yours were to the point as well.

Seems like I'm not the only one that doesn't understand OP.

What confuses me is, is that he has a pistol AR already, but he wants to replace the lower with a lower that is engraved with "pistol"? The last time I checked, lowers have to be DROS'd and can't just be "replaced". Like I said, I still don't understand.