PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested in renting a bobsled to bring their AR pistol into Cali?

Frosty
09-26-2010, 10:42 PM
I brought an off roster 5.56 NATO / .223 Remington caliber pistol into the state, and had to buy a bob sled / dummy mag / 0 round magazine to do it (single shot exemption and all that). However, I'm seeing this as a one time thing, and I realize that this is probably the case for most people who end up buying the same product. So I'm curious, would anyone be interested in renting the thing out from me? I figure I'd just charge some larger up front cost and refund most of it upon having the bobsled returned to me, at which point I'd just rent it out to the next person in need. I realize most people would need it for a fair amount of time, but as long as everyone stays honest and returns it, I think I can help a lot of people avoid the cost of buying one on their own when getting their new AR pistols. Anyone interested?

Also, I think I've got a spare Kel-Tec SU-16 / PLR-16 bullet button if anyone would like to buy it.

avalon42
09-26-2010, 10:47 PM
How much for the BB and the rent on the sled? I'm going to be getting a PLR-16 soon. Might even make the call tomorrow.

Frosty
09-26-2010, 11:02 PM
How much for the BB and the rent on the sled? I'm going to be getting a PLR-16 soon. Might even make the call tomorrow.

Where are you located? I paid $25 + shipping for the bullet button, but I'll take a hit on that. As far as the bobsled I'm inclined to charge a little more than I paid for it just to give people incentive to return it. I figure I'll charge $10 more than what I paid, and when I get it back, I'll refund your money minus $10 and shipping cost. Hardly worth my time for $10, but I really am just trying to help people out.

Frosty
09-27-2010, 4:41 PM
bump for interest

Frosty
09-28-2010, 9:42 AM
Hm, well if I don't get any more responses I'm just going to sell it.

avalon42
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Well, I'm still interested either way. PM me if and when you decide to sell. I'm going to need to bring in a few PLR-16s. :)