PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if Magpul covers their mags?

Gio
09-26-2010, 9:27 PM
I had a little mishap and 3 of my mags ended up being smashed which led to some of the mag bodies breaking and followers breaking as well. When I say mishap I mean someone decided to take a crescent wrench and beat them with it and as a result I lost e mags :(

Just wondering if I should call and ask about them being replaced or just man up and buy 3 more windowed pmags to replace the broken mags :p

stphnman20
09-26-2010, 9:28 PM
I had a little mishap and 3 of my mags ended up being smashed which led to some of the mag bodies breaking and followers breaking as well. When I say mishap I mean someone decided to take a crescent wrench and beat them with it and as a result I lost e mags :(

Just wondering if I should call and ask about them being replaced or just man up and buy 3 more windowed pmags to replace the broken mags :p
In this case, no my friend.

tomd1584
09-26-2010, 9:30 PM
If you do call, i wouldnt mention the part of you bashing them...if you broke them, why should they replace em?

DeltaBronco
09-26-2010, 9:30 PM
Who the hell took a crescent wrench to them? :mad:

jtmkinsd
09-26-2010, 9:32 PM
lol...don't think there's any coverage for "multiple impacts from a crescent wrench"

Lone_Gunman
09-26-2010, 9:33 PM
Who the hell took a crescent wrench to them? :mad:

I'm guessing a wife or girlfriend. You could tell them they were damaged in a hostile action. It'd be true if that was the case...

Massan
09-26-2010, 9:36 PM
Did you beat them back with said crescent wrench....?

keson
09-26-2010, 9:36 PM
I thought Pmags were unbreakable @_@

DeltaBronco
09-26-2010, 9:47 PM
Magpul never took in to account women who are scorned.

Kerplow
09-26-2010, 9:52 PM
details about the destruction or it never happened.

Recession
09-26-2010, 10:00 PM
:useless:

Gio
09-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Younger brother is responsible for breaking them or making them not so good for using anymore. I can take some pics of them if you guys want ;) Like Keson said, I thought magpul pmags were supposed to be unbreakable.

Veggie
09-26-2010, 10:47 PM
sounds like your brother owes u 50$

NiteQwill
09-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Talk to Justin Beard, he's a good guy and will probably help you replace whatever parts you need.

I had a situation where I broke the baseplate and the follower. Not only did he send me a new baseplate and follower, sent me revised M-baseplates for all my existing magazines, and he sent me an entire new rebuild kit for free.

thrillhouse700
09-27-2010, 12:20 AM
is this the same guy that got mad at his lower smashed it to smithereens with a hammer then threw it into a pond?

flying2275
09-27-2010, 12:22 AM
I'd like to see the pics. Here's a video of one being run over by a truck.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCFXcOOb4jc

BAGunner
09-27-2010, 12:34 AM
:useless:

NoExpert
09-27-2010, 6:24 AM
Would you call your car manufacturer and ask them to replace your car when you crash it?

Would you call your TV manufacturer and ask them to replace your TV when you throw the remote through it?

Would you call your wife's/girlfriend's parents and ask them to replace her when you piss her off and she doesn't put out?

They may help you out as a courtesy but don't expect it.

97F1504RAD
09-27-2010, 6:53 AM
Man up and buy yourself new ones.

They are only unbreakable under normal use. Bashing them with a crescent wrench would not be considered normal use.

09-27-2010, 7:15 AM

They are only unbreakable under normal use. Bashing them with a crescent wrench would not be considered normal use.

THIS...

PICS of GTFO!:D

thrillhouse700
09-27-2010, 7:44 AM

Oh really? What if he was in battle and was attacked by a guy dual wielding crescent wrenches?

Noonanda
09-27-2010, 7:58 AM
Oh really? What if he was in battle and was attacked by a guy dual wielding crescent wrenches?

Fighting with a guy who is dual wielding cresent wrenches voids the Manufactures warranty per line 237685491345 of what is and isnt covered. Now if the guy had been dual wielding hammers or pieces of pipe they would be covered per line 237685491344:D

If someone breaks my stuff I dont go to the manufacture and say pay for this, I make that person who broke it pay.

That is like "overweight" people blaming Mcdonalds for their current "situation"

Gio
09-27-2010, 9:50 AM
This thread was not meant to try and get them to cover my broken mags because someone broke them, but because someone was able to break them and render them non-usable. I was under the impression that these mags were basically unbreakable. As for paying another $50 for them, that is not a big deal. I was just wondering if Magpul would cover the mags since they were broken.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/eastbaysti/AR%20Accessories%20For%20Sale/IMG_3004.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/eastbaysti/AR%20Accessories%20For%20Sale/IMG_3005.jpg

This thread was also a way for me to vent a little since I was po'd about my brother doing this. I do not feel like getting into details on the matter, so yeah thanks for the responses.

NiteQwill
09-27-2010, 9:51 AM
Like I said, give Justin Beard a call. He will try to take care of you.

If not free, he will give you a hell of a discount to replace the bodies.

flying2275
09-27-2010, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=Gio; This thread was also a way for me to vent a little since I was po'd about my brother doing this. I do not feel like getting into details on the matter, so yeah thanks for the responses.[/QUOTE]

Were you by chance telling your brother how great they were and how there supposily indestructible? Did he come back with a "oh really let's test it out". :eek:

Gio
09-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Like I said, give Justin Beard a call. He will try to take care of you.

If not free, he will give you a hell of a discount to replace the bodies.Will do, after I get back from Reno.

Were you by chance telling your brother how great they were and how there supposily indestructible? Did he come back with a "oh really let's test it out". :eek:Nope, my brother pretty much hates me because he is a mental case, that is all I am going to say about that.

Juice5610
09-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Just dont start thowing lowers into a lake like that one guy ahahahaha

joelogic
09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I sent them an email telling them I separated the glock speed ring from the base during a match and they asked me if I was superman because they use really strong glue to hold them together. 3 new glock speed rings showed up in the mail.

+1 for magpul.

professorhard
09-27-2010, 11:12 AM
is this the same guy that got mad at his lower smashed it to smithereens with a hammer then threw it into a pond?

No that was me, unfortunately.

97F1504RAD
09-27-2010, 12:37 PM

Then I would hope he would have stuck one between his eyes before letting him get that close.

stormy_clothing
09-27-2010, 1:55 PM
I was under the impression that these mags were basically unbreakable.

Your impression is fail, nowhere does it state or imply that polymer used in the PMAG's is indestructible and one would think that common sense would have answered this question for you.

Also, unless you have the mythical 10 round pmag there's no way they are going to warranty a blocked mag. obviously they cant send you a new 30 round one.

If someone broke your mags ask them to pay for it - I think you did it myself and brother is just replacing "friend" or else why would there be any issue.

brother give me new mags - no!

Ok then "punch!!!" how bout now biatch!

Victory
09-27-2010, 2:08 PM
I feel sorry for Justin.

I wonder how often he receives e-mails like this. If I were him, I'd probably go insane.

OP, your brother owes you $50.00.

-Vic

themailman
09-27-2010, 3:06 PM
Theres really no integrity in this....

ScorpioVI
09-27-2010, 3:11 PM
Gio: Dude, these mags are indestructible. Here, hit one with a crescent wrench...

SMASH

Gio's Brother: Uhh...

G: That one must be defective, try this one...

SMASH!

GB: Uhh...

G: WTF, that one's defective too, try this one...

SMASH!

Just messin with you bro. Get a new brother.