PDA

View Full Version : AK > AR conversion kit (butt stock)? I found one. Question?

jeep7081
09-26-2010, 7:20 PM
I found the AK to AR conversion kit for the 6 position butt stock. No mods required. Anyone done this to their Siaga 7.62? What about CA law?

$49
http://tickbitesupply.com/ak.html
Item #STK-AKCARBKIT
http://tickbitesupply.com/akcarbkit.jpg

Colt-45
09-26-2010, 7:32 PM
If this is the foldable version and when folded it doesn't measure 30 inches you must pin it or get another stock. If folded, measures 30 or more inches you're good to go.

RLTW
09-26-2010, 7:34 PM
You won't like it once you start shooting. The angle is very poor for a good check well.
Notice the angle..

The AK CAR Stock Stamped Receiver STK-AKCARB Price $44.99 would be a better.

Also, if you plan on switching stocks between mil spec and this ..... Mil Spec will not work (fit).

You can get an Internal Block (ACE, MSA, etc) and you can put the ACE Stocks on as well as any other with an adapter and run a mil spec AR buffer tube. It will cost you a little bit more, but worth it in the long run. I have this on my Saiga, and I can switch stocks from my AR to Saiga and have pretty much the same check well. Same feel just diferent firing platform.

pyro3k2
09-26-2010, 7:37 PM
If you have the type of siaga that has the detachable mag this upgrade will be a huge no no, along the lines of creating an assualt weapon in the eyes of CA DOJ. If you have a mag lock on your rifle then this would be a legal upgrade for you make, however from what i've heard from other users the Tapco one is pretty good and looks much better than the UTG option.

jeep7081
09-26-2010, 7:40 PM
You won't like it once you start shooting. The angle is very poor for a good check well.
Notice the angle..

The AK CAR Stock Stamped Receiver STK-AKCARB Price $44.99 would be a better.

Also, if you plan on switching stocks between mil spec and this ..... Mil Spec will not work (fit).

You can get an Internal Block (ACE, MSA, etc) and you can put the ACE Stocks on as well as any other with an adapter and run a mil spec AR buffer tube. It will cost you a little bit more, but worth it in the long run. I have this on my Saiga, and I can switch stocks from my AR to Saiga and have pretty much the same check well. Same feel just diferent firing platform.

Great info! So, I have a stamped stock? I already have this style on my AR (mag lock installed) so no need to swap.

What about the pistol grip. How did you get that on w/out drilling or mods?

jeep7081
09-26-2010, 7:41 PM
If you have the type of siaga that has the detachable mag this upgrade will be a huge no no, along the lines of creating an assualt weapon in the eyes of CA DOJ. If you have a mag lock on your rifle then this would be a legal upgrade for you make, however from what i've heard from other users the Tapco one is pretty good and looks much better than the UTG option.

I do have the detachable mag on my rifle. Can I add a mag lock?

Answered my question here
http://www.assaultplanet.com/products/ak-47-rifle-accessories/

pyro3k2
09-26-2010, 7:50 PM
I do have the detachable mag on my rifle. Can I add a mag lock?

Personally I would leave you siaga the same;as is and just save up for another AK. Sure you can move the trigger/fire control assmbly forward and install a pistol grip but you would have to remove the best part about your rifle, having a detachable mag. Just get another one and mod it out, they are cheap as ****. http://shop.peachstateguns.com/product.sc?productId=692&categoryId=158

jeep7081
09-26-2010, 7:50 PM
So the people doing "conversions" are not in CA? Or are the conversions people are doing around here different and are CA legal? Confused. Thanks

jeep7081
09-26-2010, 7:52 PM
Personally I would leave you siaga the same;as is and just save up for another AK. Sure you can move the trigger/fire control assmbly forward and install a pistol grip but you would have to remove the best part about your rifle, having a detachable mag. Just get another one and mod it out, they are cheap as ****. http://shop.peachstateguns.com/product.sc?productId=692&categoryId=158

Thats an idea too.

pyro3k2
09-26-2010, 8:26 PM
So the people doing "conversions" are not in CA? Or are the conversions people are doing around here different and are CA legal? Confused. Thanks

You have two routs to go with your semi-auto rifles, either featureless which is what your siaga is right now. The featured rout requied you have a mag lock, with that part installed you can ad all the "evil" features you want. The real advantage to the featureless rout is the ability detach the magazine without the use of a tool. The "conversions" you see are more than likely on AK's with mag locks, if not check the location of the cal-gunner as they may indeed live in a free state. This picture http://img827.imageshack.us/i/dscn3968resized.jpg/ is one of a CA legal featured AK, please note the magazine lock, it's that big black box under the trigger guard that is extending onto the mag release lever.

RLTW
09-29-2010, 8:48 PM

Yes there are zillion of us here in Ca that have done the conversion all Legal... but you need to do the research on your own so you are knowledgeable about what you have...

Ok... Check out the Rifle flow chart here on the forum, it will get you up to speed what is legal in CA. If you do not live in CA look up the info for your state.
Follow the letter of the law and you will be fine.

First the Saiga rifle, Shotgun are imported as Sporter rifles/shotgun..

Basically they are AKs for hunting. What you can do is turn them back into what they are a different version of the AK.. Look at Saiga to AK ... Like Colt is to RRA/Spikes/LMT etc....

For your Saiga, you can convert the trigger, add a pistol grip, change the butstock (non-folding) it can colapse, change the handguards, add a muzzle/flash supressor, change the gas pistion. Use US made parts.
Understand you need to bring it to 922 compliance.

Here in Ca having all those features, you will only be able to have a 10rd mag With a Mag release lock. If you have pre-2000 Hi-Cap AK mags you will not be able to use legally with all those EVIL Features...lol...
Hope that helps alittle