PDA

View Full Version : legality of trading a derringer

runningman57
09-26-2010, 6:26 PM
Hi guys,
I have question that I hope someone here at CGN can help me with. I would like to place a WTT ad in the “private firearms sales ‘forum. It involve a hand gun that I wish to trade and I am not sure of the Ca. DOJ legal aspect of it and weather I can trade it in Ca. or will I have do to it out of state. The handgun is a COP INC 357-4 barrel derringer. I apologize if I am in the wrong forum but any help that can be given would be appreciated.

Thank you

ke6guj
09-26-2010, 6:32 PM
AFAIK, there is no reason why a COP 357 would be illegal in CA. In fact, they go for a premium in CA since they are off orster.

There should be no issue trying to sell or trade that COP 357, just be aware that it must be PPT'ed through a dealer to legally transfer it to the new owner. And since it is off-roster, it can't be shipped to the buyer's FFL, since at that point it wouldn't be a PPT anymore.

wilit
09-26-2010, 7:26 PM
Assuming you're already in CA and a CA resident, no issue selling/trading it. Very cool little gun you have there BTW. I'm sure you won't have a problem getting top dollar for it since they're very desirable.