PDA

View Full Version : Krinkov Parts Kit

cmace22
09-24-2010, 4:44 PM
All this talk about Ak pistols and converting Draco pistol to a rifle has me wanting one. I want to build a Krinkov style Pistol.

Where would I be able to find a Krink parts kit and what should I be looking for. I have seen yugo and Bulgarian. The kicker is I wast it in 5.56. I think its a AKS-74NU Krink kit. Then there is the question of what receiver do i use and where do i get it.

Im a noob when it comes to AK stuff and want to make sure Im getting the right kit. Im pretty sure I dont want a virgin parts kit right?

Help a noob.........

munkeeboi
09-24-2010, 4:58 PM
First off...know that the 74NU is rare as a parts kit. remember that the 5.56 round doesn't do to well out of a shorter barrel either compared to the 5.45 or 7.62. The only option for 5.56 krinks is a bulgarian kit (rare and pricey), Romy AIMR in 5.56 (champions are hard to find) and Polish Mini-Beryl (almost impossible).

Unless you have lots of cash and time, I'd suggest re-think going forward with a 5.56 kit. I think I saw one the other day on theakforum for $1100 with receiver

You can use the 5.45 flat or NDS receiver.

cmace22
09-24-2010, 5:00 PM
First off...know that the 74NU is rare as a parts kit. remember that the 5.56 round doesn't do to well out of a shorter barrel either compared to the 5.45 or 7.62. The only option for 5.56 krinks is a bulgarian kit (rare and pricey), Romy AIMR in 5.56 (champions are hard to find) and Polish Mini-Beryl (almost impossible).

Unless you have lots of cash and time, I'd suggest re-think going forward with a 5.56 kit. I think I saw one the other day on theakforum for $1100 with receiver

You can use the 5.45 flat or NDS receiver.

That sucks. I really have no desire for a 7.62x39 rifle.

What about this kit?

http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=745&Category_Code=PK+PARTSKITS

munkeeboi
09-24-2010, 5:03 PM

What about this kit?

http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=745&Category_Code=PK+PARTSKITS

I've heard horror stories about this company taking people's money, Either way...like most of their kits, It's probably not in stock, but Decent deal if you want it and it's in stock. buyer beware, just had to throw it out there

Shady
09-24-2010, 5:10 PM

What about this kit?

what about 5.45 ?
seems like a clear choice to me

SJgunguy24
09-24-2010, 5:15 PM
I've built a few Krinks. If you can get a kit with a barrel your gonna pay through the nose. The barrel less kits were 800, I would tack on 100 for the barrel. If you go that route, send it to a builder to have it done on a proper heat treated receiver. IMO if your going into the 1K range just for the kit, it deserves to be done right with fully heat treated steel.

cmace22
09-24-2010, 5:18 PM
what about 5.45 ?
seems like a clear choice to me

Thought about that but IM a KISS kinda guy. I try and keep every thing in one or two calibers. I have 9's and 45's only and 5.56 and .308 only. Dont want to add another caliber to stock up on for just one rifle. And yes i know I can buy more than one in that caliber.

SJgunguy24
09-24-2010, 5:43 PM
Thought about that but IM a KISS kinda guy. I try and keep every thing in one or two calibers. I have 9's and 45's only and 5.56 and .308 only. Dont want to add another caliber to stock up on for just one rifle. And yes i know I can buy more than one in that caliber.

I just looked at the specs for the 545 and the 556 and it looks like it could be done if you change the barrel to a 556 barrel.

The problem would be the mags. Still researching

munkeeboi
09-24-2010, 5:48 PM
not having them in front of me to compare...I think the 5.56 has a different carrier and bolt as well.

SJgunguy24
09-24-2010, 5:52 PM
not having them in front of me to compare...I think the 5.56 has a different carrier and bolt as well.

The carrier shouldn't matter just the bolt face and the extractor. The rims are within .2mm and that looks like enough to allow for extraction.
The ejector may need to be kicked out a little.

cmace22
09-24-2010, 6:23 PM
So a 5.45 kit with a 5.56 barrel might work. Would I have to do something to the receiver for the mags to work. How close are the 5.45 and 5.56 diameter wise? Actually, I just read a thread about modifying 5.45 mags to work with 5.56.....

I know Nodak makes receivers as well as arsenal. Where should I be looking for a OOL? Or should I just send the parts kit to a builder.

SJgunguy24
09-24-2010, 6:26 PM
So a 5.45 kit with a 5.56 barrel might work. Would I have to do something to the receiver for the mags to work. How close are the 5.45 and 5.56 diameter wise? Actually, I just read a thread about modifying 5.45 mags to work with 5.56.....

I know Nodak makes receivers as well as arsenal. Where should I be looking for a OOL? Or should I just send the parts kit to a builder.

Anything can be made to work if you throw enough money at it. What do you want? Pistol or rifle? How accurate do you want the build to be?

cmace22
09-24-2010, 6:27 PM
Anything can be made to work if you throw enough money at it. What do you want? Pistol or rifle? How accurate do you want the build to be?

Thats true.

I would prefer the cheaper of the two but cost being equal, a pistol. Accuracy isnt really a concern. 4 MOA at 100 would be great though.

SJgunguy24
09-24-2010, 6:35 PM
Thats true.

I would prefer the cheaper of the two but cost being equal, a pistol. Accuracy isnt really a concern. 4 MOA at 100 would be great though.

Not MOA, accurate as far as the rivets are done correctly. On Krinks the left side rivets are flat and the right side are domed. The Mag well rivets are domed on the inside. There is a special rivet on the inside of the receiver that acts as the over travel stop.
This wouldn't be a cheap project at all. Your asking about something that doesn't exist. Gun smith labor isn't cheap and when you want something like this then be expected to pay. I'm not talking 10K expensive but don't expect 400$ Draco expensive either.

drummerdude1188
09-24-2010, 6:44 PM
First, Florida gun works are crooks, they have none of that stock and will take your money and never hear from them again, do not buy from them.

Second, PLEASE DO NOT build a 5.45 pistol, the ammo is "considered" steel core by the ATF. If the ATF sees 5.45 pistols they could stop importation of 5.45 surplus like they did with the chinese ammo in the 90's. Please don't start a **** storm arguing with me, there are several manufactures that have publicly refused to do 5.45 pistol build for this very reason. If you want a "krink" get a 7.62 or .223 one, the romy champion (5.56) or draco (7.62) are ready made and cheap.

joelukehart
09-25-2010, 2:00 AM
I bought a 762 Bulgarian Krink kit from Florida Gun Works when they were 500 bucks and promptly received in about a week. So I can't complain.

Chatterbox
09-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Here is a suggestion:
- Buy a .223 Saiga - about $330
- Send it a gunsmith, somebody like PRK for example, and they will convert for about 250.
- You can ask them to move the front sight base up on the barrel closer to the gas block. It's not exactly like a Krink, but close.
http://home.comcast.net/~restoreit1/images/for_sale/IMG_1366.jpg
Don't know how much they would charge for it, but I'm guessing about $75-$100.
At that point, you're in for about $700.

SJgunguy24
09-25-2010, 1:39 PM
Here is a suggestion:
- Buy a .223 Saiga - about $330
- Send it a gunsmith, somebody like PRK for example, and they will convert for about 250.
- You can ask them to move the front sight base up on the barrel closer to the gas block. It's not exactly like a Krink, but close.
Don't know how much they would charge for it, but I'm guessing about $75-$100.
At that point, you're in for about $700.

Can't do that. You cannot start with a rifle and end up with a pistol, that would be manufacturing an SBR.
You could cut one up and rebuild on a virgin receiver. That's going to be more then 100$ job to cut that barrel down to a pistol length.

bigthaiboy
09-25-2010, 2:32 PM

What about this kit?

This is why you shouldn't order anything from Florida Gun Works: http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/guns-and-gunsmith-shops/florida-gunworks-in-miami-fl-34000453
Just google their name and you will find pages of complaints.

Chatterbox
09-25-2010, 8:42 PM
Can't do that. You cannot start with a rifle and end up with a pistol, that would be manufacturing an SBR.
You could cut one up and rebuild on a virgin receiver. That's going to be more then 100$ job to cut that barrel down to a pistol length.

I didn't suggest a pistol conversion - the rifle length can be made up via pinned extension.

SJgunguy24
09-25-2010, 10:00 PM
I didn't suggest a pistol conversion - the rifle length can be made up via pinned extension.

What type of Krink did you want though? The Russian and Bulgarian Krinks are completely different then the rifles. It would be better to get a Krink kit and a 223 barrel and make that work. Those Krink parts are expensive.