PDA

View Full Version : HS Precision PST59 Urban Sniper vs. PST081, is it a same stock ?

Martan
09-24-2010, 3:11 PM
I've been doing research on stock for some time now. My rifle hasn't arrived yet, but I'm sure I want re-stock it. It's a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC SD, 20" heavy barrel, the new model with 1 in 10" twist rate.
I'd like to use it for some paper target practicing between 100 and 500 yards, but I want to experiment beyond that range as well. Just to find out my limits.
I also want to be able to use this rifle occasionally for some hunting. I know it's a stretch and probably a little wider use described over here, but I think it's doable with this rifle.
So in order for it to be accurate and also not too heavy, I think HS PST59 with shorter fore end would be a good choice of stock. I can't find it on HS website , but there is PST081 that very much resembles PST59, I don't even know what the difference is.
So I guess I have 2 questions. Is it a good choice of stock? Even better would be if it had adjustable LOP, since I don't know what mine should be exactly, but that's available only on full size and heavier stocks.
Second, did PST081 replace PST59? Is PST59 still being made?

I've looked at Bell Carlson, they make light stocks too, but for some reason I'm drawn to HS. I'm open to other advices as well though.
BTW, stockysstocks.com sell model PSV081 which doesn't even exist on HS website, I think it's a typo and it's supposed to be PST081

Martan
09-24-2010, 8:50 PM
If anyone has pictures of their rifles with these stocks, I'd like to see them for comparison, if it's not too much trouble.
thanx

Martan
09-27-2010, 8:12 AM
bump

thevic
09-29-2010, 3:48 PM
I have that pst59 (700 ltr) stock on my r700 sps .308 it feels and shot freakin great (plus i got it for free basically so i cannot complain)

Im also very confused if pst59 is it actuall label or not.

Im selling my sps tonight (without the hs stock) and buying either the tactical or LTR tomorrow so i may have a spare one of these if i get the LTR

Martan
09-29-2010, 7:43 PM
I have that pst59 (700 ltr) stock on my r700 sps .308 it feels and shot freakin great (plus i got it for free basically so i cannot complain)

Im also very confused if pst59 is it actuall label or not.

Im selling my sps tonight (without the hs stock) and buying either the tactical or LTR tomorrow so i may have a spare one of these if i get the LTR

Do you have a picture of it ? If you happen to have yours as a "spare" and you want to sell it, we can talk.
I'm also looking at PST093 , http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-369/H-dsh-S-Precision-Pro-dsh-Series-M24/Detail
they look great, I like adjustability.

thevic
09-29-2010, 9:09 PM
I dont have much handle of different stocks, but this hs precision from an LTR felt great and sturdy. It shot sub moa groups sometimes on my standard sps with my novice skill, so im sure it has consistant sub moa with a better shooter