PDA

View Full Version : Shooting range = ffl?

Davedave
09-24-2010, 1:05 PM
Afternoon...

I tried to search for this, but to no avail.

I just called my local pistol range asking if they would do a ppt. They said that they didnt provide that service to members or otherwise (im a member). This range used to sell guns, so i know they at least HAD a ffl for that.

My question: do shooting ranges need to have some sort of ffl? and if so.. arent they required to do transfers by law just as any ffl gun shop?

Its not something im interested in pressing, as i dont want to trash-where-i-splash so to speak, but would just like to know how this works.

Thanks so much

Dave

Saigon1965
09-24-2010, 1:08 PM
Some range will have it - For example - The Davis st. range in San Leandro have one only because the mgr is an FFL -

Ed_Hazard
09-24-2010, 1:09 PM
Some rangees are FFL's and would be required to do PPT's. Some ranges are FFL's but the city they are located in places limits on to whom they can sell.

LAX Range uesd to sell guns, but only to LE. This was one of the many conditions placed on them by the city to allow them to continue to operate.

Davedave
09-24-2010, 1:12 PM
Okay thanks guys.

So my local range doesn't HAVE to do my ppt :) and may or not be able to at all.

thanks for the quick help!