PDA

View Full Version : Building an AK pistol have some Q's

ak47762
09-23-2010, 11:42 PM
For the next build party was thinking of a possible AK Pistol Build

Questions I have are:

1. Is it legal for me to build one on a flat (age 18)
2. Can I build it with a stock on it(though collapsed and welded on(or some perm type attachment?)
3. Do I have to register it(even though its a build?)

Thanks guys!

ak47762
09-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Single Shot mag?

????

No semi auto........ or?

What about a BB?

SJgunguy24
09-23-2010, 11:52 PM

Questions I have are:

Yes, that is the only way you will be able to obtain any pistol unless your parents/ grand parents gave you one.
2. Can I build it with a stock on it(though collapsed and welded on(or some perm type attachment?)
No, a stock makes it a rifle.
No requirement but might be a good idea to send in the form. If you ever get stopped and a LEO has PC to search you might get railroaded
Thanks guys!

Not saying it will happen but s**t does happen and you never know.

ak47762
09-24-2010, 12:07 AM
lolwat 69mach1 deleted his post?

mind=blown

You can't no matter what have a stock even if its pinned? (pretty sure somewhere I read in a PC or two this)

Peter W Bush
09-24-2010, 12:28 AM

mind=blown

You can't no matter what have a stock even if its pinned? (pretty sure somewhere I read in a PC or two this)

If you put a stock on it it ceases to be a pistol.

MrPlink
09-24-2010, 1:53 AM
I've seen krink pistols with a pinned closed stock being sold. Its a bit beyond my comfort level, and I don't see the point though.

bigthaiboy
09-24-2010, 2:29 AM

Questions I have are:

Thanks guys!

Just to confuse matters :reddevil:, there are pistol builds of historic guns which have been built with the folding stock permanent folded closed such as IO's MP-38C pistol: Inter Ordnance MP-38C (http://www.royaltigerimports.com/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=35&category_id=12)

In order for this to be legal, a sample has to be submitted by the manufacturer to the Firearms Technology Branch (FTB) of the BATF for approval. In certain instances it may be approved.

On a home built AK pistol, don't do it. You could find yourself on the wrong side of Federal NFA laws.

SJgunguy24
09-24-2010, 11:17 AM

mind=blown

You can used a rifle trunnion, but the second you mount a stock, it is now a longarm. You can use a underfolder rear trunnion to build a pistol, but if you cut the holes now IMO your playing with constructive possession.
If your using a standard 2 or 3 rivet fixed stock rear trunnion you should cut the tang and weld a plate to the back of the receiver. If you can't weld, buy the pistol trunnion from AK builder.