PDA

View Full Version : Magpul PRS

gregr266
09-23-2010, 7:16 PM
do I need the A1 rifle stock kit or should I get the A2 rifle stock kit. The directions on the PRS states "drop in installation on rifles with standard A1/A1 fixed buffer tubes without A2 spacer." I cant see the difference. Can someone enlighten me.

Thanks.

joelogic
09-23-2010, 7:36 PM
The 1 and 2 tubes are the same, you use the tube and the spacer to make it a 2.

TreeHugger
09-23-2010, 7:54 PM
I was JUST researching the Magpul PRS. Like joelogic stated, the A1 and A2 stocks uses the same tube, except that the A2 also uses the spacer. The PRS can use the buffer tube from either stock, without the spacer. The best deal I found for the black PRS was $196 at http://shop.ebay.com/tasrx26/m.html?_nkw=prs&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

At first, I liked the way the PRS looked, but the more I looked at it, the more it resembled a boat paddle. Now, leaning toward the Magpul UBR stock.

pyro3k2
09-23-2010, 7:57 PM
There is nothing the PRS stock can do that the A2 stock can't, I sold my PRS stock, got an A2 and some ammo with the left over money. The UBR is the only one I can see having any actual advantage.

Fobjoe
09-23-2010, 9:16 PM
I have a PRS on my AR-10. It's useful if you have a higher scope mount and require an adjustable cheek weld. It came with the A.R.M.S. SIR mount so even with a low profile QD American defense scope mount my optic sits high. Even so, I feel like the AR charging handle limited the positioning so I feel somewhat awkward with my head so far away from the receiver in order to accommodate the weld. I always thought that the cheek weld should accommodate the shooter, not the other way around. Oh well. It's not too big of a deal. It would probably be more worth it to me if I had the rear monopod, but i'm just not down to invest at this time.

high_revs
09-24-2010, 7:59 AM
I was JUST researching the Magpul PRS. Like joelogic stated, the A1 and A2 stocks uses the same tube, except that the A2 also uses the spacer. The PRS can use the buffer tube from either stock, without the spacer. The best deal I found for the black PRS was $196 at http://shop.ebay.com/tasrx26/m.html?_nkw=prs&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

At first, I liked the way the PRS looked, but the more I looked at it, the more it resembled a boat paddle. Now, leaning toward the Magpul UBR stock.

are those even real Magpul or Cheap chinese clone? That's pretty darn good! But I don't trust fleabay when it comes to this kind of stuff. I had to closely look at my PRS and UBRs to ensure they weren't chinese clones.