PDA

View Full Version : How long after an FFL registers for a CFLC letter...

offrdmania
09-23-2010, 5:03 PM
How long after an out of state FFL registers for a CFLC letter does the the letter come to them? Is it instantly, days, weeks, months?

OCArmory
09-23-2010, 5:38 PM
Instant you just do it online.
Mike

offrdmania
09-23-2010, 5:40 PM
So if they fill it out online a letter will be generated and sent to them instantly by email?

halifax
09-23-2010, 6:51 PM
The letter appears online and they print it.

jtmkinsd
09-23-2010, 8:22 PM
I often get guns with no letter/number. If the sender is unaware of the requirement I'll walk them through the process of signing up and generating the letter, then they can read me the number (the number is all that's really required). I tell them in the future they can print and send the letter with any future guns, or they can just write the number on the invoice, or the shipping label.

offrdmania
09-24-2010, 6:44 AM
Has anyone faxed it in? My FFL faxed it in and has not received it yet. Anyone know how long it takes that way?

OCArmory
09-24-2010, 10:02 AM
A long time. I would have them use the internet.
Mike

Tavern Keeper
09-24-2010, 4:23 PM
Fax can take 2-3 days. On-line is the only way to go.

Lee Williams
Tunn Tavern Arms

VIGILANCE
09-24-2010, 4:59 PM
+1 on the internet....

offrdmania
09-26-2010, 7:09 AM
Here is what happened, my FFL back east had signed up for the letter in 08 and has since changed his email address. Cant remember his password for the old address. If he signs in now to get a new log in it sends the new log in and password to that old email. If he trys to sign up under the new email address it says that his FFL is already on file.
We were able to get a hold of the lady (Kathy) at the Bureau of Firearms who takes care of the ship letters and she is getting everything squared away for us. All this just so he can ship my rifle to Cali

jtmkinsd
09-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Here is what happened, my FFL back east had signed up for the letter in 08 and has since changed his email address. Cant remember his password for the old address. If he signs in now to get a new log in it sends the new log in and password to that old email. If he trys to sign up under the new email address it says that his FFL is already on file.
We were able to get a hold of the lady (Kathy) at the Bureau of Firearms who takes care of the ship letters and she is getting everything squared away for us. All this just so he can ship my rifle to Cali

We have one FFL back east who rarely (thank god) ships to us. He refuses to go online for the shipping approvals and does it by mail only (not sure if he even has a fax :eek:). My guess is he's just a real old-timer who decided to pass up the information super-highway. :rolleyes: