PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Android 2.2 (Froyo) - Available OTA for Droid X

Antihero47
09-23-2010, 1:28 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know. Updating right now. Welcome to official flash in browser baby. Atleast for the guys who waited...

We thought this day would never come... :D

EDIT: Ok, so I'm a little late to the party... oops.

TonyM
09-23-2010, 6:59 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know. Updating right now. Welcome to official flash in browser baby. Atleast for the guys who waited...

We thought this day would never come... :D

EDIT: Ok, so I'm a little late to the party... oops.

Just make sure you don't use the .sbf file and try to flash back to 2.1 after the OTA.

Make sure you check the community before you try to restore after the OTA, they changed the bootloader and the keys, so if you try to simply use the good old 2.1 .sbf to restore a clean image... you will be boot-looped.

There is a "fix" for people that really wanted to use the OTA and had a hang, then got looped, it's a new version of RSDLite and a partial .sbf that returns you to the OTA, version 2.2.13.

Until more is known about the pros/cons of the new OTA, I'll keep using the leaked 2.3.15 build and would advise anyone that hasn't accepted the OTA to wait if you think you'll ever want to have a custom ROM.. at least until the meaning behind the bootloader and key changes are fully understood.

ETA:
Link to "fix": http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-mods/4818-tbh-announces-froyo-system-sbf-rsdlite-4-8-a.html

JDay
09-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Until more is known about the pros/cons of the new OTA, I'll keep using the leaked 2.3.15 build and would advise anyone that hasn't accepted the OTA to wait if you think you'll ever want to have a custom ROM.. at least until the meaning behind the bootloader and key changes are fully understood.

Most likely closed the hole that was being used to flash custom recovery and rom to it. That would explain the certificate change. I will never buy another Motorola phone until they knock this off. Besides, HTC has plenty of nice phones.

d4v0s
09-23-2010, 4:15 PM
2 clients of mine, and my old droid X (now a family members) all erased the memory card after upgrading OTA, just a caution.

None of those had been messed with either which was very odd

Antihero47
09-23-2010, 6:41 PM
Hmm, all of my info is fine. Whats kinda wierd.

FreedomIsNotFree
09-24-2010, 3:48 AM
To all of those that haven't noticed yet, after you download/install 2.2 you still need to go to the market to download Flash 10.1. Flash is not built in to the update.

BostonFan
09-24-2010, 8:32 AM
Just picked up my first andriod phone last weekend. Samsung fascinate. Awesome phone.

Can't wait for 2.2 update to come out though

psssniper
09-24-2010, 8:37 AM
Installed 2.2 months ago on my original droid, is that even possible? I was told no but when I check the version it say 2.2 Total phone rookie here so be nice;)

JDay
09-25-2010, 1:42 AM
Installed 2.2 months ago on my original droid, is that even possible? I was told no but when I check the version it say 2.2 Total phone rookie here so be nice;)

The original Droid got the update first.

TonyM
09-25-2010, 9:22 AM
The original Droid got the update first.

Unofficially, yes. Via official OTA, my Incredible got the prompt before my stock Droid, but I had been running all the leaked 2.2's on my other Droid since early June.

2.2 on the X is good, but I'm more happy about running a ROM that is mostly w/o MotoBLUR. I'll be happy with a 100% AOSP build with no BLUR at all.

Wherryj
09-29-2010, 10:03 AM
2 clients of mine, and my old droid X (now a family members) all erased the memory card after upgrading OTA, just a caution.

None of those had been messed with either which was very odd

My Droid X had messages stating that it was formatting the SD card, but all of the data is still present and all of the programs are working.

Did it actually erase the card, or just state that it was formatting?

dfens
10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Just installed the update today so far I'm loving all the new features, and flash 10.1 is included now with the update, I can now stream other sites videos besides you tube suck it I-Phone sheep.

No problems on the install took about 15 minutes, love how now it can display my battery percentage wise without charging the dam thing and the camera button is now on the touch screen which is my easier than the red button.