View Full Version : can anyone recomend a person for data recovery?

09-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I have been working on an image of a drive for a friend and the drive as well but have only been able to recover about 5 gigs from it. I think it's time to pass it to someone that can get the job done. anyone have anyone they recommend?
the info is pretty crucial and he needs it done fairly quickly as i have already taken to much time trying with no luck. it is a laptop drive sata 298 GB and still spins up and is recognizable by my PC yet when clicked on it tells me it needs to be formatted. some times it see's a partition and sometimes it doesnt.

09-25-2010, 8:51 AM
I've had really good luck with Kroll Ontrack, down in Fountain Valley, CA. I've used them for several client's hard drives, and never had less than a full recovery (knock wood). Their price quotes have always been about half of Drive Savers' in Novato, (although still, this is never cheap) and they also have full clean room facilities should your drive require that level of intervention.
I've also been a long-time user of Prosoft's Data Rescue for Mac, which has saved the bacon a number of times, they now not only have a Windows version, but also a full facility, including clean room, in Pleasanton. http://www.prosofteng.com/products/