PDA

View Full Version : Any of you deal primarily in C&R arms to avoid FFLs?

TonyNorCal
05-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Curious if any of you deal primarily in C&R arms to avoid having to deal with transfer fees, 10 days waits, FFLs, etc? You just like the ease and lack of hassle involved in having things sent directly to you...

Of course, I am sure some of you do primarily C&Rs because you like milsurps...but I am wondering how much of the aforementioned is also a motivation?

icormba
05-23-2006, 1:41 PM
Curious if any of you deal primarily in C&R arms to avoid having to deal with transfer fees, 10 days waits, FFLs, etc? You just like the ease and lack of hassle involved in having things sent directly to you...

Of course, I am sure some of you do primarily C&Rs because you like milsurps...but I am wondering how much of the aforementioned is also a motivation?

Both apply. :)

supergimp
05-23-2006, 2:47 PM
For me it's really about the transfer fees. Sometimes, for the price of some of these C&R's the transfer fees are a serious percentage of the value of the gun - enough that its just not worth it. TThat and getting early access and contact with dealers before they put stuff up for general sale.

Evil Gun
05-23-2006, 5:00 PM
I have my C&R strictly to cut out the middle man.

tygerpaw
05-23-2006, 5:40 PM
How about a Yugo M59/66 (PRK Modified of course) delivered to the door? That would be cool! :d

TonyNorCal
05-23-2006, 5:52 PM
Not to be a party pooper Tyg, but that's illegal in Cali. A rifle needs to be greater than 50 years of age in order to have it sent to you here on a C&R. Might want to edit your post and I'll edit this one:)

PJA
05-23-2006, 6:37 PM
"Deal in" is not a good choice of words.
Pete

TonyM
05-23-2006, 7:22 PM
Honestly?

I'll probably never buy any C&R gun, other than maybe a Garand. I'm not into the old stuff.

I primarily got my C&R for deals with retailers, with the outside chance that I may buy a rifle or two somewhere down the line. My C&R saved me $160 off my order with Midway last week.

tygerpaw
05-24-2006, 8:37 AM
Not to be a party pooper Tyg, but that's illegal in Cali. A rifle needs to be greater than 50 years of age in order to have it sent to you here on a C&R. Might want to edit your post and I'll edit this one:)

I think you buy these cash and carry when you are in another state though, right?

kenc9
05-24-2006, 8:47 AM
I think you buy these cash and carry when you are in another state though, right?

Yes it is, it also is cash and carry at any gun show.
I have had many M39's sent to my door without a C&R totally legal and in Ca.

All of these can be sent directly to your door with only a Ca. D.L.
http://www.gunsnammo.com/

kenc9
05-24-2006, 8:47 AM

Yes it is, it also is cash and carry at any gun show.
I have had many M39's sent to my door without a C&R totally legal and in Ca.

All of these can be sent directly to your door with only a Ca. D.L.
http://www.gunsnammo.com/

-hanko
05-24-2006, 9:05 AM
Since you're editing, following is from the calgunlaw.com website:

"Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;" quote goes on to describe guns younger than 50 that the feds have recognized as C&R, but the prk looks at the 50 year requirement only.

It's beyond me how 50 years gets a year added to it.:rolleyes:

-hanko

kenc9
05-24-2006, 9:18 AM
Since you're editing, following is from the calgunlaw.com website:

"Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;" quote goes on to describe guns younger than 50 that the feds have recognized as C&R, but the prk looks at the 50 year requirement only.

It's beyond me how 50 years gets a year added to it.:rolleyes:

-hanko

As long as it is a manufacture date of 1955 your good to go. Some do the 1956 as the date but this could be risky if it were said to been built the month after the current month.

-ken