PDA

View Full Version : Century AK from Henderson Defense

Vicious_138
09-22-2010, 1:55 PM
So I am looking at the CA compliant Century AK from Henderson Defense.
This one -

http://www.hendersondefense.com/store/pc/Century-Certified-CA-Compliant-7-62-Carbine-10p42.htm

They are out of stock now, but hopefully they will get some in soon.
I dont know a lot about AKs, I am just now looking into them.

What is the quality like on this AK?

I am also looking into maybe featureless, I know this has a mag-lock on it. If i put a MM grip on it and removed the mag-lock, would it be featureless? I know it has a slant brake on it, is there anything else i need to look at for featureless?

campperrykid
09-22-2010, 3:50 PM
It's a very good entry level AK .

Crawfish141
09-22-2010, 3:55 PM
They aren't pretty but they'll work. Expect a rifle with a cheap paint finish scratches and parts not cut square. The rifle should be reliable as all get out. The solar tactical mag-lock is my personal favorite for the Ak platform. However, featureless is also quite nice.

bigthaiboy
09-22-2010, 5:17 PM
It's a run-of-the-mill Romanian WASR-10. Use the search button at the top of this page for "WASR-10". You will find a couple of hours of reading material on this forum alone about it.

If you own pre-ban AK hi-cap mags, definitely go featureless. If you don't, then it depends on your preference.

BTW, you can no longer buy a MMG with the AK adapter. You have to order an AR to AK adapter from ACE. (http://www.riflestocks.com/) for $6.00

RobGR
09-22-2010, 6:36 PM
I've just gone through this whole ordeal and after doing the research, I decided against getting a Lancaster or a Century. They had shiiite barrels on their 5.45x39 AK74s (you're looking at the 47s) and a number of other issues. Granted, there are plenty of people who are happy with their Centurys & Lancasters, but I decided to make the investment into a legit AK or at least I didn't want to be that 50% stuck with a crappy AK. Twice as much though. Arsenal SGL31 Saiga 5.45x39 Rifle, the 7.62 is the SGL21. It is legal in CA if it is SGL and not SLG or SLR. That was news to me as my dyslexia didn't recognize the initial difference, but maybe you were already aware of that.

There are some beautiful Ak47s in the calguns marketplace right now btw.

j.primo
09-22-2010, 11:34 PM
When are they going to be in stock again? Also, does anyone know an FFL who will do the transaction in the San Jose area?

C.W.M.V.
09-23-2010, 12:35 AM
I just ordered one of these WASR 10/63's from DD's ranch. Its a solid little rifle. It compares pretty well with my Saiga as far as quality is concerned, except the wood is garbage. Everything on it is straight and to be fair most of the reports of off center or canted FSB's and GB's are from a while ago, the WASR's seem to be pretty solid. Im thinking of getting a WASR 2 next.

Echidin
09-23-2010, 6:52 AM
My good buddy picked up a WASR-10 from RifleGear not too long ago. I'll admit I wasn't the biggest fan of the AK prior to trying it out, but I was pretty impressed. I'm pretty sure they have them in stock, but give them a call just to be sure. http://www.riflegear.com/p-557-century-arms-wasr-10-romanian-ak-47-762x39mm-with-magazine-lock.aspx

Or you can always search the For Sale forum, I'm sure you'll be able to find a few without any problems.