View Full Version : Which upper setup would appeal more to a potential buyer?

09-22-2010, 8:17 AM
I have an Smith and Wesson M&P15T upper which I will be selling soon. This is where I need your guys advice...as to which would be more appealing to a potential buyer...

For those not familiar with the MP-15T, it has a 10" Troy MRF quad rail forend, with Troy folding BUIS. I think it is the most pricey of the gas impingement MP15's.

Would it be better to sell my MP-15T upper as-is, in used but excellent condition, OR to replace the receiver and BCG with brand a new unused BCM receiver and BCG? THis of course means it is no longer a true S&W item.

So the choice is between selling the used MP-15T upper or selling an upper that is essentially a new BCG upper with a used barrel and rail system? What you think will sell better?

Thanks for any help,

09-22-2010, 8:31 AM
sell it as is, why spend money to try to sell something? most people are just looking for an overall cheaper price.

09-22-2010, 8:43 AM
Sell it like it is, no sense spending money to upgrade it to a configuration someone may not be willing to spend extra.

09-22-2010, 8:43 AM
Not spending money, I have all the items with me I will just switch them out.

09-22-2010, 8:47 AM
How many rounds do you have through the upper/BCG? If the BCG isn't worn out, then sell it as is and then sell the BCG separate.

09-22-2010, 9:17 AM
Sell it as is. Keep your other stuff. Probably won't make no difference in what you end up selling it for.

09-22-2010, 9:31 AM
I would have to agree with the others. Sell it as is. S&W is a strong brand name. Switching out the receiver is not likely to earn you any more money.

09-22-2010, 11:23 AM
if you have the BCM already, just offer it up as an upgrade for an additional charge. let the buyer decide.

09-22-2010, 11:28 AM
sell as is. When i was looking I was looking for saving $$