PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait?

JaeFern
05-22-2006, 4:12 PM
OK. I think I'm ready. I've tested mutiple .45s and I came to the decision that I'm going to buy the Springfield XD 45ACP. I love the way it feels and the way it shoots. And most importantly, it's in my price range. (No I'm not selling myself short by buying what I can afford. It's just a good part of why I decided to LET myself buy it.) But now there's one problem. I can't find anywhere that has the 5" Tactical model for sale. Every place I've gone doesn't have it and says they can't get it. Personally, I like and prefer the full size handguns. BUT, some places DO have the 4" model. Everyone said they've been out of the 5" for a while and haven't gotten any in. Should I wait for a 5" to become available? Or should I just get the 4" model? I don't know how long I'm gonna have to wait and I don't wanna wait too long. Something might come up and the funds for the XD will be diverted towards the E Fund (emergency fund) What should I do? and Oshm, your sarcastic comments and opinions are welcome here haha. This sucks...:mad:

Ninja45
05-22-2006, 4:22 PM
You should wait for the pistol you want, unless you are willing to buy two. Did you even try the 4" inch pistol? You might like it. I can shoot a Glock 23 better than its full sized brother, the G22. But that is just me.

You always pay for "instant gratification", a better one always show up later!

Ninja45

The SoCal Gunner
05-22-2006, 4:28 PM
Have you thought about purchasing from an online retailer or do you prefer to buy locally?

I'd say wait to get what you really want but then again you don't know how long the wait is.

My other advice would be to get both!! :D

Thats my excuse for another subcompact in a larger caliber because I couldn't get the XDSC in 40 and ended up getting the 9mm.

JaeFern
05-22-2006, 4:42 PM
You should wait for the pistol you want, unless you are willing to buy two. Did you even try the 4" inch pistol? You might like it. I can shoot a Glock 23 better than its full sized brother, the G22. But that is just me.

You always pay for "instant gratification", a better one always show up later!

Ninja45
No. I didn't actually. They only had the 5" model for rent. I woulda tried the 4' if they had one. But you're right, a better one always shows up later. BUT, I can always get that one too :D :p

JaeFern
05-22-2006, 4:49 PM
Have you thought about purchasing from an online retailer or do you prefer to buy locally?

I'd say wait to get what you really want but then again you don't know how long the wait is.

My other advice would be to get both!! :D

Thats my excuse for another subcompact in a larger caliber because I couldn't get the XDSC in 40 and ended up getting the 9mm.
I don't think I'll have the cash for both. Well, unless I trade in my beretta for the XD9, and use the money I was gonna use to buy the XD9 with for the 5" XD 45ACP when it's available... Hmm... Should I toss that Beretta? It's my first handgun and it's been good to me. I guess it's more sentimental value than anything. Let's see, trade in the beretta for XD9 (plus lil extra of course), buy the 4" XD45 now and then buy 5" when its available? Or keep the beretta, buy the XD9 and wait for the 5"...Again... this sucks...

floorance
05-22-2006, 4:51 PM
Try contacting Eagle Sports and Tactical. Ask for Ron, he can get you what you need. Here's a link to the 5" XD tactical.
http://64.49.225.136/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SAXD45ACPTACT

OK. I think I'm ready. I've tested mutiple .45s and I came to the decision that I'm going to buy the Springfield XD 45ACP. I love the way it feels and the way it shoots. And most importantly, it's in my price range. (No I'm not selling myself short by buying what I can afford. It's just a good part of why I decided to LET myself buy it.) But now there's one problem. I can't find anywhere that has the 5" Tactical model for sale. Every place I've gone doesn't have it and says they can't get it. Personally, I like and prefer the full size handguns. BUT, some places DO have the 4" model. Everyone said they've been out of the 5" for a while and haven't gotten any in. Should I wait for a 5" to become available? Or should I just get the 4" model? I don't know how long I'm gonna have to wait and I don't wanna wait too long. Something might come up and the funds for the XD will be diverted towards the E Fund (emergency fund) What should I do? and Oshm, your sarcastic comments and opinions are welcome here haha. This sucks...:mad:

JaeFern
05-22-2006, 4:58 PM
Try contacting Eagle Sports and Tactical. Ask for Ron, he can get you what you need. Here's a link to the 5" XD tactical.
http://64.49.225.136/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SAXD45ACPTACT
Says they come with the 13 rnd mags... wonder if theres something I can do about that. Think he'd send the mags to Vegas for me?

JaeFern
05-22-2006, 5:00 PM
Hmmm... Talked to the girls at the gun store on Camp Pendleton, looks like they MIGHT be able to get ahold of one for me. Said they'd let me know in a few days...

floorance
05-22-2006, 5:02 PM
Ron is a standup guy. When I purchased my P2K from him, he sent me the 10 rnd mags. Should be no troubles, just let him know about your LV home and I'm sure he can send you the high caps (err...i mean std caps). I'm about to buy a FNP9 from him tomorrow, and he's getting me three 10rnd mags.

JaeFern
05-22-2006, 5:08 PM
Ron is a standup guy. When I purchased my a P2K from him, he sent 10 rounders. No troubles, let him know about ur LV home and im sure he can send you the high caps (err.i mean std caps) there. Im about to buy a FNP9 from him as well, he's getting me all 3 mags in 10rnders.
Nice. I'll have to look into that. I wanna see if the Base Gun Store can get it for me, because if they can, I can use my military credit card, leaving more CASH for other stuff.:D

Ryan HBC
05-22-2006, 5:14 PM
Definitely wait and get exactly what you want. Don't compromise or you will regret. A little waiting usually tames my buying impulses and prevents me from making decisions I would regret shortly thereafter.

I bought a USP45 from Ron @ Eagle a few months back. He was happy to switch the high caps out with 10 rounders at no additional cost.

Satex
05-22-2006, 5:29 PM
If you are in San Diego, call American Shooting Center (www.gotammo.com). Talk to Bob or Jim (avoid the young punk). They can order pretty much any pistol you want. I walked in and "special ordered" my Sig. He quoted me on the spot, and 3 days later the pistol was there. I don't know why other gun stores wouldn't do that.
Yeah, and I would order the pistol I really want.

The SoCal Gunner
05-22-2006, 5:54 PM
The on thing about waiting for what you want is whether you still have funds once its avalible.

I say don't get rid of the beretta unless you really have no need for it anymore. If its a good gun and you don't want to throw in more cash for the xd9, I'd say wait.

JaeFern
05-22-2006, 7:28 PM
I think what I'm going to do, is, while waiting for the Camp Pendleton Gun Store's word on the 5" model, I'm going to try and find someone with a 4" service model and see if I can try it out. I might like it better. Who knows. If not, I'll probably end up getting it from an online site. Maybe.

glockshooter
05-22-2006, 8:20 PM
I'm busy waiting for the 5" model myself. The same barrel length in the 9mm XD model is a "no miss" paper punching tack driver that I was fortunate to acquire last year. I used it at Frontsight the following weekend and graduated from the skill builder class near top of the class. I vote for the wait.

rocknut
05-23-2006, 8:05 AM
Here's another prop for Ron at Eagle Sports and Tactical. I just bought a FN5-7 from him. I bought it off of gunbroke-r for $765, almost $100 less than anyone else. He sent my hi cap mags elsewhere for me and shipped the gun with the 10 rounders I ordered.

JaeFern
05-23-2006, 4:31 PM
Well, I talked to the CP gunstore and they said their supplier is out of stock and it could take longer than 6 weeks before they see one again. Ugh, looks like they're out the picture. I went ahead and E-Mailed the guys at Eagle. Hopefully I can work something out with them.

JaeFern
05-23-2006, 5:03 PM
:mad: Dang, Eagle just sold their last 5" yesterday... ouch... that hurts...and he said their dist has none in stock. Looks like thats the second person that's going to call me if they get another one in. Ugh