PDA

View Full Version : What documentation do I need to ship HI-Cap mags into CA?

AlliedArmory
09-21-2010, 6:11 PM
I have a customer who is active military duty stationed in CA. What documentation do I need to ship hi-cap mags to him?

rromeo
09-21-2010, 6:34 PM
Active military doesn't exempt him. You can disassemble the mags, and ship them legally that way with no documentation needed.

AlliedArmory
09-21-2010, 6:52 PM
ok thanks.

rromeo
09-21-2010, 8:04 PM
Military personnel may have an assault weapons permit, they may use any legally owned or obtained magazine in a legal manner, but they are otherwise subject to the magazine capacity laws.

Munk
09-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Military personnel may have an assault weapons permit, they may use any legally owned or obtained magazine in a legal manner, but they are otherwise subject to the magazine capacity laws.

Part of the legally owned includes magazines that are issued to him by the Gov't. However, since they're gov't property he has to have permission to use them for personal use (technically).

If his commander or armorer has a means of making acquisitions for his unit, and issues him this equipment, he might be good to go. He should ask around to see who has that authority, and whether or not he can equip himself through them.

Either way, you won't be shipping to him directly because as the others have said: he's still subject to regular magazine acquisition restrictions here (no selling,importing, giving, lending, manufacturing).