PDA

View Full Version : Need a Land Surveyor? I can help....

Tareva
09-21-2010, 4:50 AM
Been a while since my last post. I'm officially on my own again, and my sole proprietor business is in full swing again. (It was the recession in the early 90s that put it on the back burner. Now, it's the current depression that's causing me to bring it back.)

I'm licensed in CA and surrounding states and willing to travel for the right project. Boundary surveys, topographic surveys, ALTAs, Lot Line Adjustment, easements. Just about any type of survey.

Leaving in a couple of hours for one of my stranger surveys: locating markers for a DOD sub who's testing cutting edge land mine detectors in the Sierra foothills, east of Beale AFB.

Lee

Curtis
09-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Lee

Good luck. If I can pass any leads on, I will do. I'm on the other side of the industry: structural engineering.

Curtis

Tareva
09-25-2010, 5:55 AM
Thanks, Curtis.

This is one major depression going on! I've been surveying for over 30 years and it was always the case that I could find work somewhere. Can't now. So I've revived my old sole proprietor survey business.

Been getting a few jobs...like one a month. Just finished one where a Virginia firm hired me to locate some test markers in the hills around Beale Air Force Base. Seems they have some super high-tech sensor equipment for locating buried mines and miscellaneous ordinance and they want to test how well it works. Kinda made me nervous, driving all over those hills, especially after they showed me pics of what unexploded shells we needed to look out for.

Only saw one little rattlesnake, though. Interesting project.

Tareva
09-25-2010, 6:22 AM
Here's one of my control points on top of the hill, in the Spenceville Wildlife Area. View to the east.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/leehixsonc6/Pt110_816x460.jpg

TJMarc
10-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Lee:

I will add you to my files. I work for a primarily structural firm but we sometimes provide both civil and structural services for our clients. We don't have a PLS on staff and from time to time the we outsource the work that requires a PLS. If we need any work near you or something you might travel for ($$ and reasonably close) I will forward your info along.

Good luck,

Marc