PDA

View Full Version : Time for some new sights -Redux

rstbkt69
09-20-2010, 10:02 PM
I guess I posted this on the wrong form so I will repost it here in Centerfire rifles.....

When I built my AR-15 I built it with a flat top and a gas block. I didn't buy any sights then because I wanted to get some quality hardware and it wasn't in the budget at the time. I had a cheap red dot I put on and it has been fine to plink with.What I want is a detachable carry handle, a front sight to use with the carry handle and a detachable rear sight that can use the front sight I buy to use with the carry handle. i guess what I'm getting at is the front sight has to be compatible with what ever rear sight i put on it. Why this configuration. Because I can. And i want to shoot at some matches at a few local ranges. Each configuration will depend on the rangemaster in charge for that day. Seems each one deciphers the range rules on the Service rifle/ high power config differently each time I have asked. I'm shooting an M-1 now and want to switch over to some cheaper ammo. I can shoot it any way i want but if the range master is happy everyone is happy. So when I buy the pieces what do I need to look for. I know need to keep the front sight high enough for the carry handle sight but how do I know the rear sight will be the right heigth. Most of the specs for the sights I have looked at realy don't come out and say this is for a carry handle rear sight. Some may but I have not noticed. I have gotten information overload on the subject.

ocabj
09-20-2010, 10:30 PM
If you want to shoot a Service Rifle in NRA/CMP High Power, you can contact White Oak Armament. They can set you up with a detachable A2 carry handle and a complete FSB that will be compatible.

rstbkt69
09-21-2010, 6:17 AM
Thats what I want to shoot. Thanks. I'll look at their sights.