PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a Rangefinder

LCE
09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi,
I am in the market to get a Rangefinder and am looking at a couple different units and thought I would post a poll to see what you all would choose if it were your money...
After you vote if you could please post your reasons behind your choice...Good,Bad, anything you think that will be helpful.
These are just a few that I have looked at so far...

I will be using the rangefinder for shooting practice, General ranging for fun, light hunting . Therefore I want a unit that will reliably go out to at least 1000 yards or more hopefully.
I would love to have a Leica but it just isn't in my budget.

Any help and Input you all can provide me would be greatly appreciated
Thank You

Martan
09-20-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm in no way an expert, but I've been doing some research myself bacause I'll be on the market for one as well, I came up with Leica Rangemaster CRF 1200 Rangefinder as a winner.
My second option would be Nikon Monarch Gold 1200

rumblebee
09-22-2010, 4:34 PM
Bushnell Legend 1200 ARC

for me....works great

tpuig
09-23-2010, 12:50 AM
I've looked at a lot of them, and through quite a few. Right now my decision would be to get the Leupold RX-1000 TBR. It's tiny and very very clear. I've been waiting about two years for it to go on sale though...

Read the reviews on Cabelas.com

Mail Clerk
09-26-2010, 6:47 PM
Hi,
I am in the market to get a Rangefinder and am looking at a couple different units and thought I would post a poll to see what you all would choose if it were your money...
After you vote if you could please post your reasons behind your choice...Good,Bad, anything you think that will be helpful.
These are just a few that I have looked at so far...

I will be using the rangefinder for shooting practice, General ranging for fun, light hunting . Therefore I want a unit that will reliably go out to at least 1000 yards or more hopefully.
I would love to have a Leica but it just isn't in my budget.

Any help and Input you all can provide me would be greatly appreciated
Thank You

LCE,

Just bought from Bass Pro-Shops a version that cost about $100 with a $20 dollar rebate from. It's called HALO and for the range I shoot it's more than enough. It requires a CR-2 battery that cost about $8 bucks. So far it appears to be well made and should last a long time if it's not abused.

Good luck on your final decision.

Mail Clerk

* just realized you want a 1000 yard range finder!!!! Be prepared to spend around 3-400$$ bucks for a super high end version.

shooting4life
09-29-2010, 8:49 AM
Save your money and get a used swaro. It can actually range father than 1000 yards on all types of targets in all conditions. Most of the lower end units might be able to range to 1k against something reflective but last time I checked animals don't hang around stop signs so you can accurately range. You get what you pay for in this category.

CSTactical
09-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Here's info on the Swaro LRF's and Bushnell Fusions:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=310520