PDA

View Full Version : Moving from LA County to San Diego County

ExtremeX
09-20-2010, 12:30 AM
If I reside in LA County and want to move to SD county, do I need to do anything in terms of updating information about my address change for my firearm?

Is it required?

jtmkinsd
09-20-2010, 10:03 AM
If I reside in LA County and want to move to SD county, do I need to do anything in terms of updating information about my address change for my firearm?

Is it required?

No, you're still a CA resident, that's all that matters.

DSA_FAL
09-20-2010, 11:59 PM

Is it required?

If it is a handgun you can send a letter to the DOJ BOF with the new address to update the handgun registration if you want. (I don't think it's mandatory.)

jtmkinsd
09-21-2010, 12:05 AM
If it is a handgun you can send a letter to the DOJ BOF with the new address to update the handgun registration if you want. (I don't think it's mandatory.)

DOJ doesn't register handguns to addresses...only to the individual (through the license/ID number)

ExtremeX
09-21-2010, 12:09 AM
So an update to my drivers licence through the DMV should take care of any problems?

I just dont want to get pulled over and get hassled about my pistol or AR if I have a change of address. Or for any other reason.

jtmkinsd
09-21-2010, 12:38 AM
So an update to my drivers licence through the DMV should take care of any problems?

I just dont want to get pulled over and get hassled about my pistol or AR if I have a change of address. Or for any other reason.

Yes, a DMV change of address is all you need to do...anything more would be redundant and unnecessary