PDA

View Full Version : Does the Aimpoint H1/T1 have a greenish tint when looking through the window?

Gundam
09-19-2010, 11:22 AM
I've always loved eotech's, but I was contemplating getting an Aimpoint Micro for my AR pistol because of it's slight weight advantage, and HUUUUGE size advantage. Being able to leave it on for over a year a time is also a big plus ;)

However, before I was going to plunk the $500 smackers on one, I decided to try Primary Arms Micro dot to see if I liked it. My M&P15-22 needed a red dot anyways so if I didn't like the sight, I would just toss it on there.

My only complaint with the Primary Arms micro is that the glass has a pretty strong bluish/green tint when looking through the window. On my eotech xps it's crystal clear with no tint whatsoever. Even my elcheapo TNVC RDP II (which is advertised as not being meant for duty) is not nearly as tinted. Is the real Aimpoint Micro like this as well? I know you're supposed to put it far forward on the upper receiver and kinda let the dot just float in space, which does help, but the bluish/green tint is still quite distracting.

BTW big +1 to primary arms. Ordered monday, had it in my hands by weds. And Marshall (CEO) answered my annoying co-witness questions via email within minutes, even though the shop was technically closed for the day.

tomd1584
09-19-2010, 6:33 PM
nope.