PDA

View Full Version : Expired Green Card with VALID STICKER.

dude79
09-17-2010, 11:42 PM
So I was all excited about buying my first gun and pulled out my green card to which I find out is expired. Went to go renew it and got a VALID Sticker put on the old for the next 6 months. Going to have to wait 3-12 months to get the new one. Ok here is the Question.

Will FFL Dealers Accept My expired green card with the VALIDITY STICKER that is on it??? Let me know.

Called a few places and they told me they never ran into that problem so they dont know.....

tenpercentfirearms
09-18-2010, 5:53 AM
So I was all excited about buying my first gun and pulled out my green card to which I find out is expired. Went to go renew it and got a VALID Sticker put on the old for the next 6 months. Going to have to wait 3-12 months to get the new one. Ok here is the Question.

Will FFL Dealers Accept My expired green card with the VALIDITY STICKER that is on it??? Let me know.

Called a few places and they told me they never ran into that problem so they dont know.....

I think I would. The state will not let me accept your ID or DL that is expired and has a paper license. However, I don't think there is anything that says I can't accept a valid green card with an extension sticker on it.

Plus, my feeling is if you really are here illegally, you will get rejected during background. I don't think my ATF agents would make a big deal of that at all during an audit, so I would accept it.

However, expect probably the majority of non-Calguns dealers to possibly say no. I just had a guy drive up from Culver City because a dealer down there wouldn't sell him a gun because he is a non-immigrant alien. He had all of his proofs of residency and hunting license copied and ready to go for them in a folder. They still told him no. He showed the a letter from the NRA saying he was good to go, they responded by bashing the NRA.

Their loss is my gain.

OCArmory
09-18-2010, 9:25 AM
I don't think I would. A sticker on the front of a card would seem a little hoky to me and since I don't deal with it on a regular basis it would be something I would have to contact the ATF to verify. Being that they usually take about a week to get back to me the transaction probably wouldn't be completed in a timely manner.
Mike

tenpercentfirearms
09-18-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't think I would. A sticker on the front of a card would seem a little hoky to me and since I don't deal with it on a regular basis it would be something I would have to contact the ATF to verify. Being that they usually take about a week to get back to me the transaction probably wouldn't be completed in a timely manner.
Mike

If he has any kind of hold or flag, INS or ICE or whatever alphabet agency will catch it during the ten days. If they give him a sticker as a means of extending his green card, that is good enough for me.

I have had INS delays before. They most certainly check out immigration status.