PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buying direct?

aquaelvis
09-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Hello, I am in the process of getting my FFL and was wondering if anyone has been able to buy direct from the gun makers or is it all from distributors?
(feel free to PM me if you have a distributor that you really like; good service, price, etc)

Also, one question, how easy is it to buy and sell guns among FFL's? (for resale, not for personal) Can I buy guns from another FFL here in CA and then resell them without doing DROS, etc? I am assuming you can but wanted to make sure and see how much red tape there is.

Thanks for your help!

franklinarmory
09-17-2010, 7:31 AM
Yes you can transfer from dealer to dealer without doing a DROS so long as it is going to the dealers business inventory. You DO have to perform the CFLC/CFD authorization request on EVERY transfer before you ship the firearm. You are also required to retain the AI # on every delivery you receive. If I remember right, the AI # must be retained for three years. Most folks just write it into their bound book so they never lose it.

Capt. Speirs
09-17-2010, 8:13 AM
Yes you can transfer from dealer to dealer without doing a DROS so long as it is going to the dealers business inventory. You DO have to perform the CFLC/CFD authorization request on EVERY transfer before you ship the firearm. You are also required to retain the AI # on every delivery you receive. If I remember right, the AI # must be retained for three years. Most folks just write it into their bound book so they never lose it.

What AI#? The one on the CFLC? No one told me to record that, nor is there a form to record it on. DOJ does not use the A&D book, only ATF.

franklinarmory
09-17-2010, 8:24 AM
What AI#? The one on the CFLC? No one told me to record that, nor is there a form to record it on. DOJ does not use the A&D book, only ATF.
Well Capt. I hate to break it to ya, but you need to retain the AI # for every shipment RECEIVED from every FFL. This must be retained for three years (if I remember right.) Our plan is to just retain it indefinitely by putting it with our A&D. Yes, the AI # is the CFLC / CFD shipment authorization code.

BS on the DOJ not using the A&D! They asked for our A&D to demonstrate the available rifles, pistols, and receivers on site. They used a copy of it as a check off list to do their job.

kemasa
09-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Yes, you need to retain the letter or the number. It is just as easy to keep it will all the rest of the paperwork.

There is no specific place to record it, but you still need to keep it.