PDA

View Full Version : DOJ Approval letter for Vulcan glued mag... AR-15 version of the SKS/P-22 debacle!

shopkeep
05-19-2006, 11:02 AM
OK folks if you thought the whole SKS thing was weird enough, here is why the DOJ has shot themselves in the foot with the second memo. The DOJ has told us all that locktite and epoxy to glue in the mag is NOT permenant. They've said they no longer consider the Fixed mag Vulcan V-15 and HAR-25 they previous approved to be permenant. People are buying these recievers to get the DOJ letter of approval and that letter now means nothing!

Summary: The DOJ approved a product for lawful sale and this product was then sold to the public. Then they reversed that decision and everyone except a few people with excellent gunsmithing skills and a dremal will be forced to surrender their property. Stripped Vulcan recievers have ZERO value out of state already, and glued mag recievers are worthless. The DOJ tricked people into buying something they must surrender to law enforcement.

SKS/Walther P-22 Debacle, here we come again!!!

tenpercentfirearms
05-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Shopkeep you are a good customer and all, but you need to go take a week off from calguns. Just take a deep breath and relax. Go shoot your guns or something. Until they change the regs, nothing is new. If they change the regs, then it might open up a registration window. Quit bringing up all of these wild "the sky is falling" scenarios. You are just getting things all riled up. For example, what your thread should really be titled is "The memo makes no sense because it counters what the law and the DOJ has already said." Instead you are talking about pistols and SKSs that were confiscated because the DOJ made a mistake in allowing them for sale in the first place. The DOJ made no mistake in giving the opinion that OLL are legal. We know they are. There will be no confisacations. Only a registration window, if they ever decide to change the CCR and then they will have to register a lot of SKSs too. I don't see that happening anytime soon, but it if does, I welcome the charlie foxtrot it will create.

thmpr
05-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Shopkeep,
I must agree with Wes. Your statments are blowing things up. It is a beautiful day, enjoy it!

:D

Stanze
05-19-2006, 12:17 PM
The government sucks, got it. Duly noted.;)

kenc9
05-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Additions come any many forms, but I think the speculation meter is red lining!

Until they go to an FFL and take some action they are just throwing shadow punch's.

If someone didn't tell you about the memo there is no way you would even know it was there.

Everything has been thought and everything has been said.

Let some time pass.

gh429
05-19-2006, 2:02 PM
OK folks if you thought the whole SKS thing was weird enough, here is why the DOJ has shot themselves in the foot with the second memo. The DOJ has told us all that locktite and epoxy to glue in the mag is NOT permenant. They've said they no longer consider the Fixed mag Vulcan V-15 and HAR-25 they previous approved to be permenant. People are buying these recievers to get the DOJ letter of approval and that letter now means nothing!

When did they say this? If this is in writing, shouldn't this open registration for these rifles? Anyone know where I can get one?? :)

shopkeep
05-19-2006, 2:50 PM
When did they say this? If this is in writing, shouldn't this open registration for these rifles? Anyone know where I can get one?? :)

Yes there is a letter from the DOJ stating the V-15 with glued magazine is NOT an Assault Weapon. It is signed and dated. Looks like they just screwed over those people... hope they're handy with a dremal.

PLINK
05-19-2006, 8:58 PM
Here is the letter that comes with the Vulcan CA reciever.

kenc9
05-19-2006, 9:13 PM
That letter is enough to make want to take leak on their front steps next time I am around there.

You would think that those kinds of statements from a regulatory agency of firearms of the state should have an idea if a fire arm they inspected is legal or not.

Why even bother with the DOJ or ask them for their blessing on anything.

I see the game they are playing, one saying be scared and another of not really having to be an authority.

-ken

thmpr
05-19-2006, 9:17 PM
Why does the DOJ state that the DA's may have a different view? Strange how they do not share the same views. I understand their must be a check and balance between the two agencies, but this letter totally confuses the hell out of me on their definition on what permanently fixed means since the Vulcan in its true sense is not permanently fixe

kenc9
05-19-2006, 9:26 PM
Why does the DOJ state that the DA's may have a different view? Strange how they do not share the same views. I understand their must be a check and balance between the two agencies, but this letter totally confuses the hell out of me on their definition on what permanently fixed means since the Vulcan in its true sense is not permanently fixe

Your looking for a non-political answer.
They are playing games here don't you see?

"""I see the game they are playing, one saying be scared OR don't go here, and another of not really having to be an authority."""

tenpercentfirearms
05-19-2006, 11:40 PM
The funny thing is that letter contains no reference that I could tell of what firearm it was referring to. I think it really is for a fully functional Stag rifle or possibly a Colt M4 select fire! ;)

PLINK
05-20-2006, 12:29 AM
The funny thing is that letter contains no reference that I could tell of what firearm it was referring to. I think it really is for a fully functional Stag rifle or possibly a Colt M4 select fire! ;)

It does have their address on the top of the DOJ letter but that is about it.

http://www.vulcanarmament.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/contact.html&setup=1&cart_id=222167.2832

Kinda off this topic but check out these letters the CA DOJ sent to Robinson Arms in response to the M96. Go to M96 California Recon Carbine, then scoll down the page a little.