PDA

View Full Version : My take on Memo, Caution: Rant

dwtt
05-19-2006, 7:52 AM
Here's how I see things. You guys who get all bent out of shape on these DOJ memos are really ridiculous. These memos are analogous to the DOJ saying we can't have 300 hp engines in our cars if we have cast aluminum wheels. Well, just take off those expensive aluminum wheels and use regular steel wheels, then you'll still be able to have a high output engine, which is what really counts. Apply that to your rifles. Take off the pistol grip and flash suppressors and you'll be able to use regular detachable magazines. It's not even a minor trade off because being able to reload by slipping in a new magazine without having to take down the rifle is more important than cosmetic appearance.
As for the memos, they don't have any validity nor do they have the force of law. Nevertheless, because of SB23, giving up a pistol grip and a flash suppressor for quick reloads is no pain at all.

ADDICTEDto.223LOWERS
05-19-2006, 9:05 AM
well the memos being circulated to law enforcement, and you know they got a take now ask question in court later policy :cool:

xenophobe
05-19-2006, 9:10 AM
well the memos being circulated to law enforcement, and you know they got a take now ask question in court later policy :cool:

We don't know that for sure yet. We haven't had any 1st person reports... it's all second hand info at best, and it hasn't been mentioned if this is official DOJ correspondence, or an officer printing it off the DOJ site. That would make a big difference...

kenc9
05-19-2006, 9:40 AM
We don't know that for sure yet. We haven't had any 1st person reports... it's all second hand info at best, and it hasn't been mentioned if this is official DOJ correspondence, or an officer printing it off the DOJ site. That would make a big difference...

I was going to say the same thing.

But on the bright side IF they do widely circulate the memo we get all agencies knowing the AK's and AR's are legal and expect to see them out there.

Aside from what they say are incorrect, to me this is more good than bad because up until these memos were written it was rumor that they were legal at all.

-ken

shopkeep
05-19-2006, 10:24 AM
The part of all this that cracks me up the most is how the DOJ approved the Vulcan V-15 for sale in the state. Now some Law Enforcment Agencies with the new memo will confiscate the rifle because under the new memo the V-15 is no longer a "permenant magazine". Afterall if the DOJ is telling us that locktite and epoxy in the Prince50 design doesn't cut it, it doesn't cut in it in the V-15 either.

SKS/Walther P-22 debacle here we come all over again!

tenpercentfirearms
05-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Now some Law Enforcment Agencies with the new memo will confiscate the rifle because under the new memo the V-15 is no longer a "permenant magazine".No they aren't. No one is confiscating anything. Just relax and take a break from calguns for a while. Anyone with a Vulcan will just show law enforcement their letter stating the Vulcan is legal (they did get those like I got one for my FAB-10 right?). Lets stop spreading rumors and just relax. My gosh people need to step away from the keyboard.

LAW ENFORCEMENT DOESN'T CARE!!! I think I am going to call the DOJ and ask if they can hire me as a field agent. I would love to sit up in Sacramento and just think of new rumors to get started and watch them ripple through calguns. How great would it be to get paid to have such a good time? I would be a good turncoat.