PDA

View Full Version : Thanks guys and I more ?

lear60man
09-16-2010, 2:06 AM
I found another gun I want in Utah. A .50 Desert Eagle. Parents are driving out from UT later this month.

1.Any problems with them buying gun and bringing it out and doing a Intrafamilial transfer?

2.Do they have to be present at the FFL? If logistics dont work I can always have them ship from FFL to FFL.

Sorry for all the questions. Last kid just went to School and I got the thumbs up to have guns in the house.

Thanks again in advance

Quiet
09-16-2010, 6:18 AM
In order to comply with Federal laws, the out-of-state intra-familial gift must be transfered through a CA FFL dealer.

Since it's an intra-familial gift, it is exempt from the approved list.

You need to find a CA FFL dealer that is knows how to do an out-of-state intra-familial gift transfer of a non-listed handgun.

Your parents can deliver the handgun in person to the CA FFL dealer or ship it the the CA FFL dealer.

tenpercentfirearms
09-16-2010, 7:00 AM
I found another gun I want in Utah. A .50 Desert Eagle. Parents are driving out from UT later this month.

1.Any problems with them buying gun and bringing it out and doing a Intrafamilial transfer?

2.Do they have to be present at the FFL? If logistics dont work I can always have them ship from FFL to FFL.

Sorry for all the questions. Last kid just went to School and I got the thumbs up to have guns in the house.

Thanks again in advance

I just want to be clear that your parents are lawful residents of Utah correct? So they can most certainly buy an off roster handgun in Utah. Then they can most certainly deliver it or ship it to an FFL in California with a letter stating they are intrafamilial transferring the pistol to you. You go in and pay whatever the FFLs transfer fees are.

Be sure to ask the FFL if they will do it ahead of time. Most FFLs probably won't. Where in SoCal are you?

lear60man
09-16-2010, 9:08 AM
Thanks. It was the .50 that was sticking in my head. Its been a while since I have had guns. Left them all in Utah.

Yes they are Legal residents of Utah, good folk no law problems etc.

I live in Woodland Hills. Would that mean making two trips to the FFL? Once to fill out the paper work and another trip to pick it up after everything clears?

Christian

jtmkinsd
09-16-2010, 9:30 AM
Yes, you would make one trip to fill out the 4473 and have your DROS submitted, then go back after 10 days but before 30 days to pick up the gun. Your dad just needs to have his ID and a letter stating the gun is a gift to his son, with the make, model, and serial number of the gun. Even though he may deliver it in person to the FFL it has to be treated as a "ship-in" because your dad is not a residents of CA. If he has to ship it to an FFL he just needs to include the same letter and a copy of his state issued ID in the box when he ships it.

lear60man
09-16-2010, 9:38 AM
Thanks guys...making phone calls now!

Quiet
09-17-2010, 7:18 AM
RifleGear in Costa Mesa is knowledgeable on out-of-state intra-familial gifts.

Capt. Speirs
09-17-2010, 8:16 AM
We do it also.