View Full Version : So to be safe

05-18-2006, 6:09 PM
When I travel to AZ to shoot my lovely's I should separate the upper from the lower and remove the pistol grip. Just incase I run into a power hungry cop my gun will not be in any way a AW. I do carry the previous memos with me in the case. My uppers are no ban.

I just don't want to risk getting in trouble and put my career in jeopardy.

05-18-2006, 6:25 PM
I don't follow your question. Let me make it easy for you...If you are going to be driving in CA (whether you are on your way to AZ or whatever), make sure it is CA compliant, period. If you don't know how to make it CA compliant, then you have other problems.

05-18-2006, 7:36 PM
If the rifle is in a locked case, and you are not leading the police on a high speed chase, what reason would they have to even know you have a OLL with you? People act like their vehicle gets searched for running a red light. I could see how ones paranoia could make the cops suspect you even more!

05-18-2006, 8:01 PM
You never know. I was on the way to a friends birthday party in Temecula and was pulled over for tinted windows by a chp. I had my Ar with me to show my friend what to buy. Cop never asked to search behind my seat.

Point is, the law and this new BS memo is very gray. Better to be safe than sorry.