PDA

View Full Version : So given the new memo/disbursement to law enforcement...sporting conversion?

CalGunsNoob
05-18-2006, 5:35 PM
So, given the new memo's wording about fixed mags and its disbursement to law enforcement (reported by Shopkeep) what's the safe course of action?

Still ok to use fixed 10 rounders with locktite?

shopkeep
05-18-2006, 5:42 PM
So, given the new memo's wording about fixed mags and its disbursement to law enforcement (reported by Shopkeep) what's the safe course of action?

Still ok to use fixed 10 rounders with locktite?

Although I'd like to take credit for reporting the disbursement I cannot. AR15fan at www.ar15.com reported this first when his department was briefed on the memo this morning. He did not specify which agency he works for but said it was the 5th largest in the nation (I would therefore assume SF, LA, or SD).

My friend merely mentioned it was seen today. Not sure if they dicussed it in depth like they did at AR15fan's agency.

12voltguy
05-18-2006, 5:54 PM
WTF? have you read all posts on page 1 yet?

tenpercentfirearms
05-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Typical. Someone hears about someone saying something to someone so someone reports it to someone who then posts it on calguns and then everyone gets in a panic. Kick back and relax. The law is still with you as it ever was. Hell, I will call my local law enforcement agency and tell him to come on over and lets discuss it. Then he will say screw the DOJ and that will be that. Sure you guys in the big city might want to play it cool, but nothing has changed. So many guys so scared of some stupid memo. When are you going to stand up for youself and say enough is enough? You are not a criminal. Quit hiding like one.

So the DOJ sends out the memo. So some big city liberal agencies pick up on it. Does that mean every cop out there is going to be looking for these things? Does that mean anyone really cares other than us? I can only pray I be the test case. I am ready to see who is right and who is wrong. Enough of these CS scare tactics. Alas, it won't happen. Ed Jagels wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. It is up to you guys in liberal areas to step up to the challenge.

thmpr
05-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Typical. Someone hears about someone saying something to someone so someone reports it to someone who then posts it on calguns and then everyone gets in a panic. Kick back and relax. The law is still with you as it ever was. Hell, I will call my local law enforcement agency and tell him to come on over and lets discuss it. Then he will say screw the DOJ and that will be that. Sure you guys in the big city might want to play it cool, but nothing has changed. So many guys so scared of some stupid memo. When are you going to stand up for youself and say enough is enough? You are not a criminal. Quit hiding like one.

So the DOJ sends out the memo. So some big city liberal agencies pick up on it. Does that mean every cop out there is going to be looking for these things? Does that mean anyone really cares other than us? I can only pray I be the test case. I am ready to see who is right and who is wrong. Enough of these CS scare tactics. Alas, it won't happen. Ed Jagels wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. It is up to you guys in liberal areas to step up to the challenge.

Hey Wes,
Thats what I did today. Went to the Metcalf Range from 7-8 pm with my OLL (Sport Conversion kit) and had no issues with any range master. In fact, one of the range master asked if he could take a peek at my ACOG reticle, since he was thinking of getting one for his rifle. He did not ask anything about my AR! People need to relax and go out there and exercise your rights! Thanks for shipping my Takedown pins on time!!!

koiloco
05-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Thmpr,

I Haven't Got My Upper Yet :(

koiloco
05-18-2006, 11:26 PM
I Really Don't Think We Have To Worry About Local Leo. My Neighbor Is San Jose Pd And We Go Shooting Everyweek Together.

It's More Like Other Crazy Agencies We Should Be Careful Off.

Let Me Ask If Sjpd Has Received The Memo.

Omega13device
05-19-2006, 6:20 AM
Like tenpercent said, THE MEMO DOES NOT HAVE THE FORCE OF LAW. NO LAWS HAVE BEEN CHANGED. It's pointless to debate whether the Sporting Conversions kit is legal because under the current regulations, it is. Check the link in my sig to CCR section 978.20. But if you are that worried then don't build up your lowers at all.

CALI-gula
05-19-2006, 9:33 AM
Like tenpercent said, THE MEMO DOES NOT HAVE THE FORCE OF LAW. NO LAWS HAVE BEEN CHANGED. It's pointless to debate whether the Sporting Conversions kit is legal because under the current regulations, it is. Check the link in my sig to CCR section 978.20. But if you are that worried then don't build up your lowers at all.

HUGE AYE! AYE!

I SECOND THE MOTION!

THE PARTY CONCURS!

AFFIRMATIVE! AFFIRMATIVE!

Yes, Dave.

ENGAGE!

YOU WANT THE TRUTH? THE DOJ CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

blacklisted
05-19-2006, 11:54 AM
HUGE AYE! AYE!

I SECOND THE MOTION!

THE PARTY CONCURS!

AFFIRMATIVE! AFFIRMATIVE!

Yes, Dave.

ENGAGE!

YOU WANT THE TRUTH? THE DOJ CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2113/imgfewgoodmen5pn.jpg