View Full Version : Gibbs jungle carbine Mk 5

magsnubby
05-18-2006, 5:23 PM
I just brought it home a little while ago. It's marked:

GIBBS
RIFLE
7.62mm
R.F.I.

It has a synthetic stock and a finish that looks like satin nickle. I have no idea what the finish is. The bore is nice and shiny and no pitts that i could see. I got the rifle, a scope mount, a 10 round pack of ammo marked "NATO BALL, INDIA, a 20 round box of gun store reloads, 6 packs (10 rounds each) of gun store reloads, a 20 round box of Horanady 150 gr SP, a 20 round box of Wincheste 150 gr Power Point, and a partical box (11 rounds) of the same ammo.

It cost me $160 and a pair of Sony 6x9 3 way speakers (they cost $53.95 otd on sale).

I think i just found my new deer rifle. I can't waite to get to the range.

PatrickM.
05-18-2006, 5:37 PM
where did you find that??

any pics?

i have been looking for one of those for a while.....:confused: :confused:

Patrick M.

magsnubby
05-18-2006, 7:31 PM
I bought it from a friend that has so many rifles (around a 75, mostly mil surps) that he stuck it in the back of a closet and forgot about it. I was over at his house the other day and he said "I've got a rifle you'll like". He dug it out of the closet and handed it to me. It was love at first sight. "Man if you wanna sell this i want it. Give me a price and i'll buy it right now". That was the first one i had ever saw or heard of. He bought it from a local gun store a few years back and stuck it in the back of the closet after he got his C&R and started collecting mil surp rifles.

I have a sporterized Russian Mosin-Nagant M44 (bayo removed, synthetic stock) and a Yugo SKS for my beat around jeep guns. So i think i'll replace the carbine's synthetic stock for a nice wooden stock and make it my deer rifle.

Soon as i get my digital camera back i'll see if i can post some pictures.