PDA

View Full Version : UTG bi-pod

Fattracker
09-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Just got UTG barrel clamp bi-pod. Uses "dragon claw" clamp. Attached it and doesn't seem sturdy. Not happy about that. Guess I wasted $30.00. Was reading some threads saying that the barrel mount will affect accuracy. Is that true? Want a bi-pod but don't have pictanny rail attachment. My handguard is AK 103 style. Any suggestions?

frankm
09-15-2010, 7:43 PM
I'm not a scope guy, yet, but from everything I read, it affects the accuracy of the shot. Also, that bipod is loose, send it back. And don't get one unless you can mount it on the stock fore-end.

Fattracker
09-15-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm not a scope guy, yet, but from everything I read, it affects the accuracy of the shot. Also, that bipod is loose, send it back. And don't get one unless you can mount it on the stock fore-end.

Thanks!

ExtremeX
09-16-2010, 4:54 PM
I have a UTG bipod (pic rail style), its also pretty loose but from the area where the legs mount to the unit. Its not bad, but not great either.

RobG
09-16-2010, 5:47 PM
You buy junk, you get junk. Why does an AK need a bipod?

problemchild
09-17-2010, 2:29 PM
Either get a harris or an accu-shot (Atlas) bipod if you have the cash. It sounds like you dont so I would get the harris. Rock sold and many accs.