PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Redrick's story

thesneakyrussian
05-18-2006, 1:20 PM
thought this might be of interest:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=190319

glen avon
05-18-2006, 2:39 PM
sounds fishy to me. LAPD doesn't control any judges or PDs.

Major Miner II
05-18-2006, 2:47 PM
thought this might be of interest:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=190319
That's a funny story! :D

islandchanel
05-18-2006, 2:55 PM
Dam, I dont know what else to say.

bwiese
05-18-2006, 3:16 PM
Even if true, for some reason this person sounds like the type that has a lot of problems in his life.

Whatever his issues, he probably should have gotten a lawyer early on.

thesneakyrussian
05-18-2006, 3:18 PM
Dam, I dont know what else to say.

besides that's it's fishy and funny?

bodyarmorguy27
05-18-2006, 6:46 PM
He was in fact booked on the date that he said he was.

And he was booked for 12280(b) P.C. AW violation, like he said.

And LA County jail is exactly as he described it.

So the rest MUST be true!

On a serious note, it sounds like his case has moved forward to trial. If that is the case, then he has already had a pre-lim hearing which showed there was enough evidence to take him to trial.

I think the rest of his story is out there in outer space.

It is interesting though...

ALTSEC972
05-18-2006, 7:22 PM
I dunno about this one..... it seems sooo possible, (well not all of it) and it seems like a nightmare scenario, but it really pushes the limits of my imagination of this city, the police, and the legal system.

I have no way to know how much of this is fact, but it seems like there is enough fact in this, (or information to follow up on, and investigate) to gimme the chills.

I hope it is not true, since that would be a sad story.... It'd probably make a good movie. And because he is a gun owner, NOBODY WANTS TO HELP HIM!

This is what I am very concerned about..... Especially related to OLL. I don't ever want to be a test case for some cracked out DA, and I fully enjoy living in this state, which makes me wonder if you can be a lawful firearms owner in a major city here in PRK, and still be treated as an decent citizen.

I swear, part of me really believes that if you're an Illegal Alien, and you commit violent crimes in this state, you stand a better chance of being let off with a warning (if even that much), than an honest, law obiding gun owner, unlawfully detained and charged on trumped up firearms violations...... But more importantly, an Illegal, with a violent criminal history may just get treated better, than the lawful gun owner, who pays his taxes, follows the law, etc.... and becomes the 2nd class citizen.

xenophobe
05-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Either I feel really sorry for some guy who is getting royally screwed, or I just read a story from a dedicated Art Bell fan. I'm not quite sure of which at this point...

kantstudien
05-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

blacklisted
05-18-2006, 10:54 PM
That reminds me of the delusional ramblings of kathaksung.

Not saying it isn't true, it just sounds a bit odd.

This is who kathaksung is, if you don't know already:

http://hometown.aol.com/kathaksung/myhomepage/profile.html

He's our local paranoid schizophrenic.

ghettoshecky
05-18-2006, 10:55 PM
I swear, part of me really believes that if you're an Illegal Alien, and you commit violent crimes in this state, you stand a better chance of being let off with a warning (if even that much), than an honest, law obiding gun owner, unlawfully detained and charged on trumped up firearms violations...... But more importantly, an Illegal, with a violent criminal history may just get treated better, than the lawful gun owner, who pays his taxes, follows the law, etc.... and becomes the 2nd class citizen.

that is true I really do believe the same thing as you, just by watching the media is proof today. I was flipping through channels just today and some
"special report" on Myspace.com had said in these same words "...but myspace also has a dark side such GUNS, drugs, sex" wth?!?! it confused the hell out of me how they list guns with drugs and sex. And the quick clip it showed on TV was some myspace group that said gunowners group. While the other clips show some scandolous crap yet we are put on the same level.

thesneakyrussian
05-18-2006, 11:28 PM
you actually have to read this thread thoroughly, at some point he says the charges were dropped blah blah blah. yes, his writing style isn't that of john updike or chuck palaniuk, but it's not a book or a novel or a writing contest.

anyways, check out another story

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=69502&SearchTerms=ronnie,perkins

sometime down the middle of the thread there's an article pasted, search for "Guns seized; warrant questioned". in any case, this guy, a store owner, ends up dying in prison.

just another sad tale.

thesneakyrussian
05-18-2006, 11:31 PM
He's our local paranoid schizophrenic.

that's what i've been labeled for having an arsenal of a whopping 7 arms and some ammo around just in case, as well as some food, water and medical supplies also just in case we have an earthquake (i unfortunately for me live in SF, CA).

blacklisted
05-18-2006, 11:38 PM
that's what i've been labeled for having an arsenal of a whopping 7 arms and some ammo around just in case, as well as some food, water and medical supplies also just in case we have an earthquake (i unfortunately for me live in SF, CA).

I know how you feel :D

For some reason, being prepared is crazy. Go figure.

klmmicro
05-19-2006, 5:41 AM
Either I feel really sorry for some guy who is getting royally screwed, or I just read a story from a dedicated Art Bell fan. I'm not quite sure of which at this point...

HEY, I listen to Art Bell and I KNOW the aliens are real! Sheesh...all you doubters...

He never mentions whether he hired an attorney at that beginning of this whole thing. Not sure what to make of the story really...there has been no press on it for either side.

ALTSEC972
05-19-2006, 1:36 PM
He never mentions whether he hired an attorney at that beginning of this whole thing. Not sure what to make of the story really...there has been no press on it for either side.

Actually, I distinctly remember him mentioning the fact that he contacted everybody he could, and no one would help, (he even went to the dreadded ACLU!!). If you read the end of his post, he talks about being stuck with a Public Defender, whom he believes is in kahootz with the judge and the LAPD.

Take it for what it's worth, this guy is either really paranoid, or he's in an unbelieveable situation.

The SoCal Gunner
05-19-2006, 4:30 PM
If the story is true and he in fact knew the public defender the court assigned to him was screwy, why didn't he hire his own attorney?

oaklander
05-19-2006, 9:46 PM
If the story is true and he in fact knew the public defender the court assigned to him was screwy, why didn't he hire his own attorney?

Probably cost too much.

It sounds like his situation is very complex and involves issues going back years and years. It would probably help people evaluate his veracity if he were to fill in some of the gaps concerning how he ended up in this situation.

That being said, my heart is out to him, and I would never want to be in such a nightmare.

bassplayrr
05-19-2006, 10:01 PM
that is true I really do believe the same thing as you, just by watching the media is proof today. I was flipping through channels just today and some
"special report" on Myspace.com had said in these same words "...but myspace also has a dark side such GUNS, drugs, sex" wth?!?! it confused the hell out of me how they list guns with drugs and sex. And the quick clip it showed on TV was some myspace group that said gunowners group. While the other clips show some scandolous crap yet we are put on the same level.

Haha, that story showed the other firearms forum that I frequent (www.gunatics.com) that was started by an aquaintance. The site, much like this, promotes safe gun handling, general gun history and tech knowledge, and comradery. Obviously one of the evils of myspace. :rolleyes: I usually try to give the media more slack than the average gun owner, but that story was just plain stupid.

-Chris

Turbinator
05-19-2006, 11:18 PM
I was flipping through channels just today and some "special report" on Myspace.com had said in these same words "...but myspace also has a dark side such GUNS, drugs, sex" wth?!?! it confused the hell out of me how they list guns with drugs and sex. And the quick clip it showed on TV was some myspace group that said gunowners group. While the other clips show some scandolous crap yet we are put on the same level.

I saw that program, I ended up watching it through. There were only a couple mentions of guns, but no stories specifically relating to how these guns on myspace were evil or otherwise harmful. I was not happy that the program was willing to paint guns as a negative thing so readily.

Turby