PDA

View Full Version : Kern County Sheriff's Race

Rob Jones
05-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Yesterday I received my 'Sample Ballot and Voter Information Pamphlet' in the mail. Each of the SIX! candidates for sheriff have placed a 'Statement of Candidate' in the pamphlet. Most of the candidates are concerned about administrative issues within the sheriff department, and believe that Mack Wimbish (current sheriff) has done a bad job, mostly because he did not come from within the department (former CHP).

I've been agonizing over who to vote for; I voted for Mack last time around and haven't regretted that choice. He has issued a lot of CCWs in this county (mine included). I recently had an opportunity to met Chevy Garza and asked him about CCWs, and his response was that he saw no reason to change current policy.

However, in the statements made by each of the candidates in the voter guide, only one of them mentioned the 2nd Amendment - Mack Wimbish. Here's what he said:

"I am a strong believer in second amendment rights, a member of National Rifle Association and continue to issue more Carry Concealed Weapon permits than any other county."

Guess who'll be getting my vote!

Rob

mds2004
05-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Guess who'll be getting my vote!

I will second that!

EBWhite
05-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Vote Mack Daddy!

Apostolos
05-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Big Mack all the way.

God Bless,
David

islanderman7
05-18-2006, 12:06 PM
amen! he has my vote

sintax
05-18-2006, 12:18 PM
he'd get my vote too if i was in the county

loco55
05-18-2006, 1:14 PM
He gets my vote

tenpercentfirearms
05-18-2006, 1:28 PM
I talked to Chevy Garza's wife on the phone and she said they would like to leave it just the same. I guess a lot of the officers aren't too happy with Mack because of that whole mess he got himself into with the "we'll kick your ***" sticker on the patrol car. I agree, he handled that very poorly.

I am also a single issue voter in that what has happened to CCW permits? He increased them by removing the having to apply to the cities first policy. Now anyone can apply as long as you live in the county. So Bakersfield City residents can apply directly to the county. I like that a lot.

I might vote for Garza, I might not. Everyone is going to be pro-gun in this race and all of them are going to continue on as normal with CCWs. So what does it really matter?

Apostolos
05-18-2006, 2:11 PM
I might vote for Garza, I might not. Everyone is going to be pro-gun in this race and all of them are going to continue on as normal with CCWs. So what does it really matter?

There is a difference between an advocate and someone who is only interested in maintaining status quo.

It sounds like Mack is a Second Amendment advocate.

God Bless,
David

EBWhite
05-18-2006, 2:22 PM
There is a difference between an advocate and someone who is only interested in maintaining status quo.

It sounds like Mack is a Second Amendment advocate.

God Bless,
David

Yup, Mack gets my vote since he said that in the book.
The whole patrol car sticker was a non-PC joke and we need more funny stuff like that, just the the good old days.

It will be mack vs. garza. garza will give him a run for his money since he will get most of the mexican vote in areas like bako, weedpatch, lamont, delano, etc.