PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Trial Begins for Angels Businessman IGGY CHINN INVOLVED

SemiAutoSam
05-17-2006, 6:19 PM
--(.)(.)--

icormba
05-17-2006, 7:13 PM
Friday, March 11, 2005 - 01:00 PM

2005? what ever happened with this trail anyway? is it still going on?

SgtBulldog
05-18-2006, 7:30 AM
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=140180

Stanze
05-18-2006, 7:50 AM
Other than violating a political law, I fail to see how that guy is a "danger" to society. Oh, wait,...they know that. It's just easier to harass an old man than others who could kick their arse.:rolleyes:

Jicko
05-18-2006, 9:03 AM
Poor guy..... he might just have pissed off IGGY in a gun show.... asking IGGY if an OLL is legal....

gh429
05-18-2006, 1:43 PM
My hats off to that guy - he knows the law and is trying to stick it to the state at his personal expense.

kantstudien
05-18-2006, 2:02 PM
Not sure if this guy wanted to be a "martyr" for gun rights. In fact, his "knowing" the law might have gotten his conviction. He was knowingly in violation of state law, and apparently knew that owning ammo violated terms of his probation. Not too bright if you ask me.

Probably a nice guy who is not a danger to anyone, but I do wonder how he originally got a warrant issued against him in Feb 2005?

Never mind, just re-read and this was a normal, annual inspection for having his importer's license. Not too bright to have illegal weapons present when you know that an inspection is about to take place. Probably about as dumb as it gets.

jdberger
05-18-2006, 9:48 PM
The guy has stones....I'll say that.

Federal law supercedes State law....some interesting things might come of that if the 9th Circuit agrees....

icormba
05-20-2006, 4:50 PM
My C & R says right on the back: "nor does it confer the right or privilege to conduct collection activities contrary to STATE law or any other law" ... License's to IMPORT must be different? :confused: :rolleyes:

But on another note... I'm wearing my tin hat on this next one!

Michael Kriletich, chief probation officer for the county, said it's possible the ammunition was missed, but unlikely.

"The bottom line is we searched his house and we found the ammunition," he said.

YEAH, "We searched the house the 1st time and found it! BUT we decided to leave it there so we could come back and screw the old man later!"

I fear these kinds of things all the time :confused: :(

glen avon
05-20-2006, 5:05 PM
Federal law supercedes State law....some interesting things might come of that if the 9th Circuit agrees....

won't happen. the fed law requires one to comply with state law as well. that is explicitly non-preemption. it will never fly, and it should not.

hoffmang
05-20-2006, 5:55 PM
Researching the ammo law commerce clause issues, I came across a couple of cases where someone tried to say exactly that Federal Law preempted but here it does not. A licensee has to follow State and local law.

VeryCoolCat
05-20-2006, 7:53 PM
They probably reached an agreement or something. Thats what happens when theres usually no followup.

Obviously California does not care about Federal Law, they give liscenses to illegals and they said marijuana is legal in california as a medicinal supplement DESPITE the supreme court ruling that federal law supercedes state law.

Otherwise, we'd have states that can freely issue full auto firearms outside of the BATF's control.

6172crew
05-20-2006, 8:18 PM
The military works alot like our govt, the command unit lay down the law and local commands must follow those directives but can always restrict further.

A good buddy of mine is still serving and his new command has him sign 3 sheets of crap before he heads home to see his family.

He has to sign things like I wont drink and drive, I will follow all the laws etc.

This is for a guy who has 13 years and has been a E6 and now a O2.:rolleyes:

There is no directive from the President for crap like this but everyone is watching their backside so you see stupid stuff when the spinless are in charge.