View Full Version : brining in C&R handguns into Calif

09-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Since I have a Collector's FFL and a California COE, do I understand correctly that...

1) I can have a C&R handgun shipped into California
2) DROS it through a local FFL
3) skip the 10 day wait
4) submit and pay fees for a California Curio or Relic Handgun Report within 5 days

...and that's it!? Oh, and also that I am exempt from the 1 handgun per 30 day period rule!?

cool beans....

09-13-2010, 10:22 AM
If you DROS it, that is the only requirement. If you leave the state and purchase a C&R handgun, then you would need to fill out the report.

The C&R handgun would need to be shipped to a CA FFL. You provide a copy of your C&R FFL and COE, fill out the DROS and go home with it.

Yes, you are exempt for the 1 hand gun per 30 days, even for modern firearms.